Michael Owen Hates Films / UKFF Loves Food

Devon Malcolm

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm with Rockwell here. Buy some really nice burgers and push them flatter with your hands before putting them on the BBQ.

when it comes to fast food outlets, I think 5 Guys has to be one of the bet burgers I've eaten. The fact you can order on your phone and pick up 20 mins later makes it very, very dangerous as well.

• Paid Members

A 5 Guys is opening in our town centre next week, I'm pretty excited about it because I'm a sucker for American dinner style places. They have that Coca-Cola gimmick where you can have over a 100 different styles of soft drink- I fucking hope one of them is Root Beer.

Burger presses? Fuck that. Use your hands, crack an egg open and use flower when shaping the thing and get messy while you're doing it. Then whack it on the George- job done.

• Paid Members

I hate burgers which need to be held together with a stick. If I cant eat it with one hand without it falling apart or locking my jaw out of place its a shit burger. All the individual components might be amazing,but as a total package its sub par.

A good burger should be quick and easy to eat, that's the whole point of a fucking burger.

• Paid Members

I've been to the Five Guys in Covent Garden a few times, and went to the one in Kingston once. They really are good burgers, and the fact you can buy beer with them is a massive bonus. However, they are pretty expensive - I often find myself dropping close to £20 any time I go, just on a burger with toppings, fries and a beer.

• Paid Members

Didn't he end up buying a whole street for his family in Hawarden or something? Probably so he could go his mams for Sunday dinner and the ironing.

He also likes to tell the world he lives in leafy Cheshire when he lives and spent most of his life in Haawarden, Flintshire (not that I want to claim the cunt as a north Walian or anything).

• Paid Members

If any of you fellas find your way to the West coast of the US, go to In'N'Out Burger. It's a fast food chain but there burgers are better than any I've tasted anywhere else on Earth (and I spend a substantial amount of my personal time looking for good burger places).

• Paid Members

I will openly admit to being a 'fussy eater'.

I'm not a big fan of the majority of food stuffs out there, and definately fall into the catergory of 'If I could just take a pill I would'

My main gripe with food is that I absolutely detest differing foods touching, a baked bean resting eloquently against a chip, that chip is not getting eaten, Sunday Roast Veg all mixed together, that's left on the plate too, the last thing I need in my life is a carrott with a hint of broccolli. I'm also one of these that will work my way around the plate, for example with a Sunday Roast I'll eat Yorkshires first, then my Roastie Tats, then the meat, then my carrotts, then my other veg in whatever order I think they look most appealing and will finish with my peas ... every time.

People rightly mock me when I say I like a good curry, but somehow my brain justifies that being mixed as it's meant to be mixed.

It's not that I want to be this way either, cooking would be easier and eating out would be more enjoyable, but something in my brain just won't let me do it.

I am open to new foods however, and will give things a bash, as long as my sub-conscience can justify why things are mixed up together. I absolutely adore all kinds of dead animal on my plate, and it freaks people out that although I am a fussy eater I've tried more exotic meats than they have, but you put a sauce on that meat, and that sauce hits my chips ... I'm leaving the potato based snack all day. I'm weird ... I know it ... My napper just won't allow me to do anything about it.

I also get quite repulsed when people have a combination of food on their fork and shovel it into their gob, I understand that they are enjoying the mix of flavours, but I find it wholly abhorent and it puts me off the meal I'm  eating.

I do like films however, and sports and as soon as I read the line "Your Mother Wouldn't like It" I immediately thought of the line "Let's go and meet the gang ... at Palace Hill"

I have absolutely no idea why this is double spaced and shitey, anyone know?

Edited by Teedy Kay