Michael Owen Hates Films / UKFF Loves Food

Devon Malcolm

• Paid Members

I'm a food freak, but a Yorkshire should be dowsed in gravy and absorb it. Only real crispy part should be should be the upper part of the hoop so it holds it's structure on picking it up.

Eaten early so that absorbtion doesn't turn to a caggy fucking mess next to your peas.

What's with people having their Yorkies on a separate side plate?

I'm a roast dinner eater every Wednesday and Sunday, with chicken on Wed as it's just easier of an evening.

Beef's the standard, but for me, nowt touches Roast Duck!

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Paid Members

Carveries can be reasonable enough, but even the best ones are basically botulism roulette.

Haven't had a roast that isn't chicken for a bloody long time — thinking of doing beef on Christmas day this year, as two turkey dinners inside of a month is a killer.

Carveries can be reasonable enough, but even the best ones are basically botulism roulette.

Haven't had a roast that isn't chicken for a bloody long time — thinking of doing beef on Christmas day this year, as two turkey dinners inside of a month is a killer.

What's everyone's general rule with potatoes? I was brought up with sometimes having 4 or 5 different varieties on the plate which was probably excessive but my wife acts like I'm the glutton off se7en if I want mash and roasties. My thinking is similar to my stance on beans on a fry up, the more food on the plate the better.

That's the Irish mixed grill, jacket potato, roast potato, boiled potato, mash and chips.

I think being an Irish child put me off food. Everything was boiled to within an inch of its life to remove all the goodness and I hated spuds. Only started enjoying food when I moved out. Still hate carverys though.

On a Sunday dinner, I don't like having roast potatoes and the other kind -- what are they, boiled? Mostly because they seem like a lazy, bland version of roasters anyway so I think they're a waste when you could just roast the lot. I wouldn't mind combining chips and croquettes, but it just seems a bit redundant because how much spud do you need and how big is the variation? One or the other usually suffices.

• Paid Members

What's with people having their Yorkies on a separate side plate?

To make sure they don't touch a stray bean. I think you've forfeited any right to comment on other peoples' eating habits now!
I hate my life

• Paid Members

This thread has turned out brilliant. Might as well take that boring bastard out of the title now though, half the forum probably don't have a clue what's going on in here.

I like a good roast dinner, but it's not something I ever go out of my way for. I might order one if I'm in a nice pub, but we never ever have them at home. Far too much effort goes into them for us to bother with that on a Sunday when there's football on TV all afternoon. They're just not worth the hassle. Also, roast potatoes are sufficient. Don't see the point whatsoever is putting another, less tasty variation on the same plate.

Teedy wouldn't be happy sat next to me for dinner, I'm one of them that likes to get a little bit of everything on my fork in one go before stuffing it into my gob, especially with a breakfast.

I finally ran through my supply of the weird power that I put on my roasties, so I need a replacement — it's the only way I've ever made bearable roast taters.

A mix of flour, salt and pepper. The key though is that the tin and fat you put them in has to be very hot. Goose fat makes the best roast potatoes.