Michael Owen Hates Films / UKFF Loves Food

Devon Malcolm

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderators

It was my staple diet through all my years of schooling. To this day I bang some cheese in my bash to go with bangers and gravy. It's a tremendous duo.

This thread is really sorting the wheat from the chaff.

• Paid Members

Chips, cheese and gravy? Everyone eats that, don't they? It's even the Canadian national dish!

Yup, poutine. Good stuff - the Maple Leaf pub in Covent Garden does a good, huge plate using Canadian cheddar, onion gravy and chunky chips.

I've always wanted to try cheese, chips and gravy but always felt awkward asking because I've never heard of anyone except Canadians liking it. I might order some cheesy chips and a tub of gravy tonight though -- a dodgy Liverpool chip shop/Chinese is a safe bet for trying a new thing, isn't it? The pizza sauce variant in New Jersey sounds much better, though.

Edit: Nevermind. Nowhere on Just-Eat in Liverpool seems to do both cheesy chips and gravy.

Edited by King Pitcos

Tell them you want a sausage dinner but with cheese instead of peas. That's 4 of your 5 right there.

I can't find any that actually have both cheese and gravy! Everywhere with gravy seems to have nothing with cheese besides cheeseburgers, which seems like they'll only have processed cheese slices. Also, I don't trust sausages much, and definitely not from a cheap takeaway.