Michael Owen Hates Films / UKFF Loves Food

Devon Malcolm

Edit: Nevermind. Nowhere on Just-Eat in Liverpool seems to do both cheesy chips and gravy.

Lau's on Smithdown Road will do pretty much any combination of takeaway muck you can think of. They're not on Just Eat but they do phone orders if that's any use. Alternatively, if you're feeling really brave, Panny's on Breck Road are fairly accommodating to unusual requests!

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cheers, CBL! I think I'm a bit out of the way for them, though (about 4-5 miles from both). Generally, takeaway is just for nights when I can't be arsed going to the Tesco that's about a mile and a half away, so I'd be breaking all manner of my own logic just for the sake of cheesy chips and gravy that someone else has made. I've got to knock the idea on the head anyway, because the next fast food I get will be the Sweet Chilli Fiesta from McDonalds!

The problem down south is finding a place that does decent chips AND decent gravy, it's always one or the other. Last place I tried gave me something they called "gravy sauce", which was a thin watery onion gravy. No use to anybody.

Only decent place I've found was in Winchester, and that was because a Northern mate tipped me off about it.

• Moderators

What do we all think of Fray Bentos pies? Only acceptable answer here is "Love 'em Butch!". Steak and Kidney's the best one. Just blast it for half an hour, eat out of the tin, then hoy the hubcap out of the window. Or if with potatoes the only acceptable potato to go with it is Smash. It just doesn't seem right with proper ones.

I flip my pies over. That way I can dip into the soggy bottom while gravity and gravy take care of softening the lid. My pastry needs to be soft.

Ā 

Also pie related. UntilĀ I was about 15 I thought Pukka pies only came in one flavour, Pumpkin. I think it was the "Pu" and the oranageĀ logo.

• Paid Members

Never had a Fray Bentos pie, they always looked a bit suspect, like Pedigree Chum with a pastry lid. For pure processed dirt meat Mr Brains faggots are my weakness. They should just sell the gravy they come in.