Michael Owen Hates Films / UKFF Loves Food

Devon Malcolm

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Used to have Frey Bentos loads when I was in my teens and then didn't have one for years and when I had one again I just couldn't get passed that it did just look like dog food once you get past the pastry. Not had one since.

A friend of mine puts Curry sauce on his fish & chips, now that's just wrong

• Paid Members

It's good, give it a bash!

Also, I've never eaten a Fray Bentos pie in my life, but I might be tempted to try one this weekend for a lazy lunch. Generally speaking though, I do fall into the 'ain't a real pie if it's got no base' camp. Annoys me if I order a Steak & Ale in a pub and it comes as a stew in a pot.

Fray Bentos just always makes me think of David Brent.

Edited by Arch Stanton

You can pick them up for about £1.50 in Iceland. For the value and delicious cheep meat you get it's hard to complain about the lack of pastry on the bottom.

I've not actually had one in a year or two but I might relive my uni days this weekend and get the old meal in a tin.

• Moderators

How does everyone tackle a pie? (A proper one with a base that is). I eat mine like a total spacker. I chisel the lid off and put it aside. I then eat the contents out and then remove the pastry sides and eat those. Finally I consume the delicious soggy base followed by eating the lid like a cracker. Yeah, it's weird.

Needless to say I do not eat a pie like that in public.

• Moderators

How does everyone tackle a pie? (A proper one with a base that is). I eat mine like a total spacker. I chisel the lid off and put it aside. I then eat the contents out and then remove the pastry sides and eat those. Finally I consume the delicious soggy base followed by eating the lid like a cracker. Yeah, it's weird.

seinfeld.jpg

"He's got the strangest habit. He saves the lid until last. You've never seen anything like it."