Michael Owen Hates Films / UKFF Loves Food

Devon Malcolm

• Paid Members

I've recently discovered potato scones in Scotland at hotel fried breakfast though, and they're brilliant.

They're not scones though, more like potato pancakes.

"Tattie scone"

Have you discovered how awesome haggis is for breakfast?

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Paid Members

I tried (as I'll eat haggis at pretty much every opportunity), but fuck all places served it. I got a miniscule portion in Peterhead, and a slightly larger, but dried out to fuck portion in Glasgow.

• Paid Members

Haggis and bacon butty with sweet chilli sauce is pretty amazing. Stick a few mushrooms in there too for bonus points.

Crispy bacon. Not that light pink floppy shit.

Edited by Nostalgia Nonce

I used to hate roast dinners, mainly because I fucking detested vegetables.  We were brought up with "you can't leave the table, until everything is finished" So I used to sit there for 4 hours sometimes just looking at a pile of peas.  If you didn't finish before bed, then for breakfast the next day you were served yesterday's dinner, cold, rancid, broccoli, peas and carrots.

It took about 10 years of stubbornness and me moving out before my mum realised I was a lost cause. Now when I go home I basically get a gravy soup with roast potatoes (I can do roast, mash can fuck off ), meat and yorkshire puddings in it. When all the solids are gone I mop up the remaining gravy with a couple of slices of bread.

When  I get served it, I know I've won the vegetable battle. When I look at how fat and unhealthy I am, I know I've probably lost the war.

• Paid Members

I absolutely love my veggies. When I go to my Mum's for Sunday dinner she'll do carrots, peas, brocolli, cabbage, cauli and something seaosnal like sprouts or beans just because i love them so much. As a kid I wouldn't eat any veg. Hated it.

I force my daughter to try them even if she doesn't eat them all. I feel like a massive hypocrite but I also know that I just started to love it when i hit a certain point so I want her to keep trying.

• Paid Members

Tesco (in Scotland) also used to do square sliced sausage with a circle of haggis or black pudding in the centre, amazing on a crispy roll with loads of butter.  Haven't seen them in my local one for a while.

My local deli and butchers do it with haggis and good quality sliced sausage.

Tesco (in Scotland) also used to do square sliced sausage with a circle of haggis or black pudding in the centre, amazing on a crispy roll with loads of butter.  Haven't seen them in my local one for a while.

• Paid Members

Now when I go home I basically get a gravy soup with roast potatoes (I can do roast, mash can fuck off ), meat and yorkshire puddings in it. When all the solids are gone I mop up the remaining gravy with a couple of slices of bread.

Like a baby ogre stuffing your face with sloppy carbohydrates, revelling in the lack of vegetables like it's some sort of achievement, repugnant.

Sorry, I think maybe I should stop coming in this thread if fussy people rile me up so.

I like Sausages, potatoes, bacon, cheese and bread as much as the next guy but I love vegetables too, sprouts are delicious, it never ceases to amaze me how unpopular they seem to be.

Edited by Call me Bellend