Michael Owen Hates Films / UKFF Loves Food

Devon Malcolm

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Paid Members

You fill the yorkies with meat, veg and potatoes and shovel it in best you can.

That's bollocks, that is — you're going to end up with a proper soggy pudding that way. I think that's some sort of George Orwell bullshit 1984 revisionism, pretending that that's the right thing to do and always has been. That way, they can sell you individual yorkshire puds, and those ones that Morrisons sold (sell?) pre-filled with stew, or — I kid you not — fucking curry.

No, the right way to do it is to keep the pudding aloof from the action, like a king, and treat it appropriately, like food royalty. None of this individual pudding shite, either. If you're a real man, you make it with beef dripping, and spread jam on it for afters.

• Paid Members

The middle bit is supposed to be soggy. That's the bit that soaks up the gravy. If it isn't soaking up the gravy then that's how you tell the gravy is shite. There should be a nice crispy crust around the Yorkshire pudding for latter consumption. If there isn't, your Yorkshire pud is shite as well.

• Paid Members

The middle bit is supposed to be soggy. That's the bit that soaks up the gravy. If it isn't soaking up the gravy then that's how you tell the gravy is shite. There should be a nice crispy crust around the Yorkshire pudding for latter consumption. If there isn't, your Yorkshire pud is shite as well.

I think you might have been raised wrong, mate. Right, the middle shouldn't be as crispy as the edge, but soggy? That's not correct.

A 5 Guys is opening in our town centre next week, I'm pretty excited about it because I'm a sucker for American dinner style places. They have that Coca-Cola gimmick where you can have over a 100 different styles of soft drink- I fucking hope one of them is Root Beer.

Burger presses? Fuck that. Use your hands, crack an egg open and use flower when shaping the thing and get messy while you're doing it. Then whack it on the George- job done.

Those Coke machines are bloody awesome, the cherry coke out of them takes just like it did back in the 90s when it was sold as "Cherry Coke" rather than this "Coca-Cola Cherry" nonsense. I think they have orange Coke too, and peach Sprite. It's my favourite invention of the 21st century.

Ha, butties on a Sunday Roast, not done that in years.

In the olden days when men were men they'd use yorkie like bread bowls to eat their food in then eat the bowl afterwards. Well that's what Mr Worrall said in history class. That's how a yorkie should be treated.

• Paid Members

Worse than people who don't read are those that only read crap like A Game of Thrones then lord it over people, If you're gonna act all high and mighty about reading then choose something other than some hebephiles fantasy wank fodder.

My brother has never really read books. Last year he said to me "Guess what? I read a book"

"Which one?"

"Twilight"

"Fuck off"

Oh, and the bottom of a Yorky is best soggy with gravy. Heathens.

• Paid Members

You keep your butties till last to mop up the gravy. Yorkshires go early doors while crisp.

Seconded

Seeing a trend here, boyos.

In the olden days when men were men they'd use yorkie like bread bowls to eat their food in then eat the bowl afterwards. Well that's what Mr Worrall said in history class. That's how a yorkie should be treated.

Crimethink.