Just seen a big spider

IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members

I hate that. There's a hedge either side of the gate into our front garden and spiders are always webbing across. I have walked face first through so many cobwebs that I've now developed this stupid OCD-type ritual where as I walk through the gate I have to lead with a chopping motion with my hand to ensure I break up any of those barely visible strands. It looks like I'm blessing the house every time I come home.

• Paid Members

Was trying to be brave last night and was watching a spider running around the roof of the living room, when all of a sudden, one the size of my fist ran straight past. Nearly had a bloody heart attack, especially when the missus picked its remains up from the floor and pretended to throw it at me. Evil.

• Paid Members

Just had this fella pop up from behind the TV and scale the curtains.

schpoida_zps3bwtj9ey.jpg

Being a fearless volcano of manliness, I was just going to leave it be. He's a big lad, but we've got an issue with a wasp nest in the extension roof at the moment, so I figured we could come to some sort of arrangement.

The missus isn't up for this though, oh no. In comes the vacuum cleaner and she's waving the extendable hose at it like a lightsaber.

• 10 months later...