Just seen a big spider

IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members

My cupboards are swelled with spider spray and I'm ready to lock and fucking load like Rambo any minute now.

One of these foul bastards is camped on the ceiling at the moment, in sight but out of reach. People moan about American gun laws, but I'd happily shotgun my roof lighting to get rid of this furry cockend.

• Paid Members

I live in an old house with lots of shitty broken original floor boards. Guess how much I love September.

Continuing to live here is like a form of self harm.

The harmless spindly cunts have been full force for the last month, but they are starting to retreat, that usually the big bully fuckers are enroute... sigh.

Edited by Kaz Hayashi

• Paid Members

Does anyone know what the prognosis on how many of these cunts we're getting this year is?

I remember last year the Mail and other shiterags seemed to constantly be running "SPIDERGEDDON, WE'RE ALL GOING TO BE KILLED BY ARACHNIDS!!!" and bollocks like that for the best part of the year due to the wetness of the summer. My hope this year is that the Indian Summer will set fire to all of them before they can penetrate the spider spray moat that is currently enveloping my house.

Edited by Gus Mears

I think we're in for some heavy rain again soon. It's too humid not to. Once it starts pissing it down the fuckers will be kicking our doors in and walking in like 8 legged Goldbergs.

Edit: Not sure Gus. As you say, the Daily Mail hasn't sounded the alarms just yet. Give it a week or so though, it's bound tl happen.

Edited by Undefeated Steak

• Paid Members

You're right Steak about the inevitability of rain. I'm going to be doing the Simon Pegg from Hot Fuzz parade tonight with the spider spray. Aviators and all. I am bringing the spider genocide to North Wiltshire this evening.

'Best of the Daily Mail' almost ought to be a thread in its own right. I remember following SPIDER APOCOLYPSE, we were apparently all going to turn into fucking Yeti or something because of "ICE BALL NIGHTMARE, COLDEST WINTER IN RECORDED HISTORY!" . I swear it was the warmest winter in about 10 years. It's like they judge the weather entirely on the result of a Magic 8 Ball and tea leaves from Michael Fish's morning Typhoo.

Edited by Gus Mears

I didn't think getting a cat would eliminate or ward off all traces of arachnids - at least visible ones who poke their heads out - but in the last two years I have not seen a single spider crawl my walls in the fall. He's a lazy, nonplussed geezer as well, even moreso than most. I'd have expected a few spiders comfortably chilling out 6 feet up the walls but nowt. It's a gift! He must throttle them coming in the corners during the days when I'm at work or something.

There's been a big spider in my living room for a month or so, he lives behind the mantlepiece. I wouldn't usually be OK with that but he keeps himself to himself and takes care of a lot of the flies and such that come in the windows.

It's fucking wasps that are my main problem right now. Four nights in a row last week I had to chase one out of my room before I went to bed. Nothing for a few days, I think the worst has passed. Got woken up at 5:30 this morning by a buzzing sound and saw 3 of the stripey fuckers hovering above me. Had to gas the cunts with Lynx Africa to slow them down enough to catch and chuck them. Couldn't get back to sleep for an hour after that. Fucking wasps.