Just seen a big spider

IANdrewDiceClay

For many years I had a fear of spiders. in recent years I've become much braver (by my standards) in dealing with them. I was quietly confident that I'd overcome the worst and what was once a genuine fear was now a slight unease and dislike.

That confidence died last night. I was lying in bed watching the NXT pre show with only minutes to go until the beginning of TakeOver Brooklyn. My room was dark apart from the light coming from my TV and Macbook. 

Just seconds after making a tweet, I felt something crawling up my left arm. I glance over to see the biggest Spider that I've ever seen in person that wasn't behind glass at a Zoo crawling up my arm, illuminated in all its glory by the light from my Mac! My reaction was one of pure horror that may very well have had the neighbours thinking that I was being murdered. I flicked it away only for it to run straight back onto my arm. That was when I really lost my mind. I flicked it off me a second time and ran downstairs in terror. That's where I stayed for the remainder of the night. 

I'm still trying to shift the sensation of it crawling on me, I keep thinking he's back. Just a horrible experience that has confirmed my fear of spiders is still alive and well and is now probably worse than ever before :cry: . 

• Paid Members

Spider season has started hasn't it? I've had to kill three big bastards in the last few days. One house spider was up near ceiling level, which terrified me because I thought those heavy fuckers only scuttled around on the floor. My house is a bit of a mess at the moment, which isn't helping matters as I'm giving them plenty of nice hiding places.

• Paid Members

I bought some 'Spider Spray' from Amazon because we used to get them in the bedroom all the time. Our house backs onto the allotments and being scared shitless of the little horrors, it was a nightmare. I sprayed all the edges of the windows and doors (including internal doors) and haven't had one in since. Recommend it for anyone scared of them.