Just seen a big spider

IANdrewDiceClay

• Moderators

I have a horrible, horrible fear of spiders. The problem is, my girlfriend is also afraid of them. We were cooking dinner the other night and a massive one was in the kitchen so we nearly had to abandon food on the stove.

I had a thread similar to this on here years ago.

Countdown to Clock Spider.....

• Paid Members

Got out of bed last week and saw a huge spider scuttle out from under the covers. I haven't slept since. The depressing thing is, it's the first living thing I've had in my bed for months.

Necrophilia is frowned upon these days…

On-topic, had a big spider at the other half’s parents’ last weekend. Just came scuttling across the cream living room carpet and straight under the IKEA coffee table. My girlfriend and I just looked at each other, both of our looks saying: “Did you see the see of that?!

Thankfully neither of us are squeamish. Just got the biggest tumbler we could find from the glass cupboard, the local rag, and chucked it out in the back garden.

• Paid Members

Wasps are the cretins you need to watch in the next few weeks. They are dying off and they'll sting you at a moment's notice now. Just constantly diving at you, with their sting in the air waiting to burst you.

I got fucked over by a wasp (or wasps) at the company picnic — I pissed it off, and it flew down my t-shirt. Didn't actually hurt that bad, but my skin always reacts horribly to stings and bites later, and I was left with a massive buboe hanging off me that burst like a balloon full of custard.

I'd never seen a live cockroach before I moved here, but I catch the little bastards running around sometimes. Once, the flat above us was having some work done, and it drove the daddy of all the roaches down to our apartment. The cat was looking at the wall behind me, and I didn't realize at first that he was actually looking at a cockroach the size of a baby's foot. I leapt up, and then dithered around like Hinge & Bracket, trying to figure out what to do. All the time, the big bastard didn't look flustered at all, just sat still — finally, I got myself together, and pummelled it with the biggest book I could find. Ruined a commemorative Chatsworth House visitors guide, but it was worth it.

Hang on, are you saying Wasps have become aware of their dwindling existence, and in spite are going to purposely act like cunts? Going out with a bang, so to speak? if that's the case, fuck dolphins, wasps are quite ingenius!

I think he means that it's getting to the end of the summer, and they're feeling like shite, as their lifeforce ebbs away, so they're going to take it out on everyone else.

Edited by Bill Diarrhea

• Paid Members

I see. I thought I read somewhere that wasps were becoming extinct, but apparently that's bumble bees. That's injustice for you- wasps serve a much greater purpose than wasps and won't bother you unless you provoke them (and will then promptly die themselves), whereas wasps are just cunts.

I used to have this theory, based mostly on the Amazing Spider-Man cartoon, that if you killed enough spiders then eventually their surviving ancestors would leave you alone due to spider senses. It seemed to work as well. Now I realise that it was just the cats killing them and they're as rife as ever now the older cat can't be arsed and the other one spends most of her time outside.

It's the same every year at this time, the spiders get to their maximum size and start looking for warmer places to hibernate, i.e indoors.

The only thing I can think is that they're more prevalent in the city now than when you buggers were kids.  These massive chaps are nothing new though, but amazingly the papers run this story every year!

• Paid Members

Yeah wasps are horrible little things. No purpose to them whatsoever. We had a big nest in our compost bin at the end of our garden. I opened the lid not knowing what was in there, and thousands of the fuckers chased me down the garden. Got stung in the earhole which was flipping painful.

Ive never understoon why people are scared of spiders. What is it that frightens you so much? My other half is petrified of them, and every time I ask her why she felt the need to drag me out of the shower to pick up a spider she just says "cause they're horrible!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"