Just seen a big spider

IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members

Wasps will repeatedly try to sting you this time of year as they know they are on their way out (for the year). If they fail, they'll dive in again, fail at that and they'll dive for you again. I've been stung three times in recent years. Always to the side of my neck. I'm not "hard as fuck", but I didn't find it as painful as I thought it would be. Wouldn't want to be stung 10 at a time though.

Edited by bAzTNM#1

When I was about seven, my primary school visited Glasgow Zoo (long gone) where for some reason, I allowed a FUCKING MASSIVE SNAKE to be put around my neck. When I say it was massive, it was FUCKING MASSIVE. Somebody took a picture with it around my neck, and just looking at it to this day makes me feel ill. What was I thinking? A big fucking camo coloured snake. Yuck.

Edited by Ladiesman345

I don't usually feel very squeamish about spiders. I have to brace myself for the glass and paper job and I get jumpy when they move, but I can usually compose myself. However, a combination of seeing one scuttle across the floor after the pub and Ian's description of his had me struggling to sleep for fear of one crawling up me whilst I sleep. Ian's spider picture was etched in my mind as I shuffled in my bed. So cheers for that.

I too have often wondered where the nearest person keeping DWA would be, though i'm only 20 minutes away from London Zoo myself, but you never know what your neighbours might have and how often you've walked by a cobra or two. If I ever were to own a DWA, I'd love an Albino Diamondback rattler, or a Gaboon Viper (you don't realise how huge they are until you see someone handle one). Is there a strange or unusual pet thread on here come to think of it?

Aye, the Gaboons are stunning. Same with the Rhinos and all the mongrel types in between. Absolutely terrifying though. Normally so lazy and docile, but apparently they're just a mass of muscle, are about the fastest strikers of all, and are obviously loaded fangs & glands like motherf*ckers. From what I've read, I couldn't imagine how much it would suck to get nipped by one of those, or one if its cousins like the Puff Adder. I'm sure I remember Jake handling a Gaboon in an 80s promo, i'd imagine they'd have been de-fanged as well as obviously de-venomised.

Not so sure about the albinos though, I think if I had a Western Diamondback, i'd prefer just an ordinary one with their awesome iconic look and pattern. I do love the little common cobra albinos you regularly see though, as artificial looking as they are.

As much as I love them, vipers tend to send a shiver down my spine, they usually look evil as hell. So If I could imgine myself as being fully trained and wanting to keep hots, i'd probably go for a cobra first and foremost; the ordinary little spectacled ones look as cool as any imo. Or one of those colourful asian coral snake species. Pointless fact of the day, did you know that Nicholas Cage keeps (or kept) cobras?

Some of those weird and wonderful less well known viper and pit vipers would be tempting though, like the little bush vipers with all their spikes, or the eyelash vipers of South & Central America.

So, any UKFFers have any deadly snake tales or close-calls from either living or holidaying in some of these far flung exotic places?

I've become the dedicated spider remover from the office. They don't really bother me, although one big bastard in the girls toilets jumped at me yesterday from the ceiling and let just I was in the correct room. Managed to catch and flush it but it was a quick bugger too.

Because it just never gets old:-

http://ukff.com/topic/132830-grand-national/#entry2720254

Four blow jobs is just excessive, I mean two at a push would be nice but by the time the fourth rolled around I'd have mentally picked my first two seasons preferred signings on Football Manager. Was that his last ever post as well?