Just seen a big spider

IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members

Had one I didn't even know was in the room, about the size of the palm of my hand, fall from the ceiling and bounce off my lower lip. I was livid. It scuttled across the floor and I stamped it with the ferocity of Jack Swagger doing his entrance.

• Paid Members

I feel bad for my mum — she went to clean up my London flat to prepare it for sale after we'd turfed the Lithuanian toerag tenants out, and as she walked in the front door, my dad tells me there was a five-second sequence of events where she said "It stinks in here, why is it so humid?" and then a bunch of cockroaches fell in her hair.

*Shiver* Reminds me of a story my friend told when of when she was living a pretty shitty flat in London and woke up to her boyfriend stroking her cheek... except he was still in asleep and it was a dirty great cockroach on her face.

Those massive house spiders aren't going to catch any fucking flies hiding under my bookcase, though. What do those bastards actually eat? I think they just wait for me to go to bed then go and open up the fridge, make a sandwich or something.

I leave a sandwich and a beer on the mantelpiece for them. House spiders are scary enough without them being a hungry house spider.

Seriously though you're right, a few flies aren't filling those fuckers up.

• 2 weeks later...

Strange occurrence in my house just now. A beast of a spider just came running from under our tv unit. I almost crapped my pants!! I jumped up on the sofa. Then the spider suddenly fell on its side and dropped dead! Did I frighten the fucker to death?! Anyone else ever seen this or have I just experienced a one in a million thing?

I don't mind spiders. Like someone earlier in the thread, sometimes they make me jump when they surprise me out of nowhere, but I can then put my logical head on, realise it's only a spider, and I generally leave them be. I don't mind them in my house keeping it other bug free.

I blame my slight jumpiness on the film arachnaphobia. I'm making a conscious effort to make sure my 2 year old son doesn't grow up with any irrational fears, by not learning them from me at least. I might be going too far, as now whenever he sees a spider, he puts his face about 2 inches from it and tries to have an extended chat with it.

Also, I own a snake. Just a corn snake. To me it's really strange when I see people get scared about him.

I have a friend who is 6 foot odd and 18 stone who hates spiders. Whenever he sees one, he punches them to death and almost puts walls through. Bit excessive in my opinion!

• 7 months later...
  • Paid Members

Me and Mum were sitting in the living room yesterday and this big looking spider thing just wandered into the middle of the room and looked at the both of us then walked back out again. Could have been trying to rob my house the fucking size of it.