Smackdown Discussion Thread

• Paid Members
4 minutes ago, Supremo said:

My head is already spinning trying to imagine the Marvel-inspired Wrestlemania entrances for Batista and Triple H. Imagine Triple H coming out as Thanos! Magic.

image.png.171bff41b99846c6a84c8f3d0c4b8a1c.png

"It's time to play the game!"

He damn well better not. I have to endure enough Marvel shite in the trailers every time I go to the cinema. I don't need it ruining my hobby of watching grown men in pants rolling around the ring. 

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
2 hours ago, PunkStep said:

Triple H will be the heel VS Big Dave, surely?

I imagine Dave will be the heel. He loves playing heel and he's way more entertaining. I also think it's a bit more of a natural fit for both. Triple H as a heel doesn't really work these days either and usually leads to his matches being utterly fucking dull.

• Awards Moderator

If any top babyface is losing I’m saying it’s Rollins. It’s easy to imagine Lesnar unhappy at losing to anyone who’s not a white hot crowd favourite - and even if the crowds like Seth, right now there’s two, possibly three if they don’t turn on Roman again, faces ahead of him in popularity. I’m predicting Lesnar to retain.

• Paid Members
39 minutes ago, Duke said:

This "Vince keeps overruling everyone" thing is going to lead to another mcmahon family power feud isn't it? 

Ya. I was thinking last night that it wouldn't surprise me if Vince had a hand in Big Dave battering poor Ric.

It's pretty clever of them because Vince has come across as someone that's out of step with his audience over the last 5 years or so.

I havent seen any mention of the biggest downer for me this week: The fact that Broken/Woken Matt Hardy has seemingly reverted back to normal Matt Hardy. They had an interview on WWE.com where he was talking normally and briefly mentioned that he’s learnt to control his brokenness. :(

22 minutes ago, Sym said:

I havent seen any mention of the biggest downer for me this week: The fact that Broken/Woken Matt Hardy has seemingly reverted back to normal Matt Hardy. They had an interview on WWE.com where he was talking normally and briefly mentioned that he’s learnt to control his brokenness. :(

I think that's probably a good thing - in WWE, at least, Woken Matt Hardy was no different to normal Matt Hardy apart from he used funny words and lived in a 'compound'.

It was another case of just bringing in talent and assuming that everyone knew who they were etc. Not saying that people didn't know the Hardys but there would have been a LOT of people completely unaware of the Broken stuff. While I enjoyed the surprise of them turning up at Mania, they then made no effort whatsoever to make it into a logical storyline or anything.

I'm all for them returning to it if they actually do a good start to finish job on it this time but who knows if that's the plan or not.

• Paid Members

The Broken stuff was shit to be honest. Initially in TNA it was very entertaining, but even there it very quickly ran its course. It jumped the shark not long after his match against Jeff. Their further attempts were hit & miss- some funny parts but mostly just trying too hard.

Archived