Smackdown Discussion Thread

Overall, I thought the gauntlet was good because it told some good stories. Having said that, Kofi's not too great at selling. I think he could do a better job of seeming exhausted. They did things like the count outs but I never suspended my disbelief because he's still running and jumping and not looking that exhausted when its his turn to get some offence in. It told the story and the match was still enjoyable, but its the attention to detail that sets you apart and really takes it to the next level - like Michaels at Survivor Series '03 for example.

3 hours ago, Sphinx said:

Overall, I thought the gauntlet was good because it told some good stories. Having said that, Kofi's not too great at selling. I think he could do a better job of seeming exhausted. They did things like the count outs but I never suspended my disbelief because he's still running and jumping and not looking that exhausted when its his turn to get some offence in. It told the story and the match was still enjoyable, but its the attention to detail that sets you apart and really takes it to the next level - like Michaels at Survivor Series '03 for example.

Don't hate just because Kofi's got great conditioning. He stays ready!

• Paid Members

That'd be a legendary match. One of the best, hottest acts in the business against one of the shittest, coldest acts of all time...for the WWE Title. If I'm Vince, I'm already asking Bray if he wants to go to AEW. Fuck it, let him take the gimmick, too. Let him ruin their show with his dull, repetitive goes-nowehere promos and boring, shit matches.

48 minutes ago, PunkStep said:

Eh? Why do you think that?

Probaby reading too much into it, but think Rowan joining Bryan is leading somewhere, have a feeling Harper will join up too at EC, which will lead to a Wyatt return before Mania to tie it all up. Theres kind of a backstory there too.

Who else is Bryan facing at Mania? 

• Awards Moderator
12 minutes ago, The King of Old School said:

Probaby reading too much into it, but think Rowan joining Bryan is leading somewhere, have a feeling Harper will join up too at EC, which will lead to a Wyatt return before Mania to tie it all up. Theres kind of a backstory there too.

Who else is Bryan facing at Mania? 

I’d take Bryan facing any one of his EC opponents tonight over Wyatt. 

[fantasy booking hat on]

If Bray must finagle himself into things, have him show up at Mania, and join Bryan instead of opposing him. He does a thing about how clearly, with Rowan and Harper having gone to the vegan side, he’s no longer the leader he once was, etc, and from there basically replay the original Wyatt-Bryan angle in reverse, leading to Bray turning on the heel leader Bryan. Then they can have a series of title matches against each other. It’d at least be a little bit different to the ‘oh, Wyatt’s back again and has immediately fallen into the same old rambling promos, matches of no consequence routine’.

[/fantasy booking hat off]

Edited by HarmonicGenerator

I can see Bryan vs Cena potentially with Cena going for the record. To be honest it’s hard to see what they’ll do with a lot of the Smackdown guys at Mania. The US title is wasted on R-Truth it would be good if they brought back the ladder match for Mania and put the likes of Ali, Hardy, Joe etc in the match. Can see an Orton Styles match as well considering they haven’t really feuded yet for Mania.