Smackdown Discussion Thread

1 hour ago, Supremo said:

That'd be a legendary match. One of the best, hottest acts in the business against one of the shittest, coldest acts of all time...for the WWE Title. If I'm Vince, I'm already asking Bray if he wants to go to AEW. Fuck it, let him take the gimmick, too. Let him ruin their show with his dull, repetitive goes-nowehere promos and boring, shit matches.

I mostly agree because Bray Wyatt is undeniably an utter turd, but one of the few times he has been good was against Daniel Bryan. Different dynamic now, of course, but I'd still like to see him have a proper go as a singles babyface. If they're not going with Cena or Kofi, I would still rather see Bryan defend against Wyatt than against any of the other EC guys. There's a natural feud there with Bryan stealing his lackeys, but they both seem to have the same philosophy of hating corporations and loving farms.

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
2 hours ago, Wrasslin said:

You say that but he still gets reactions from the crowd and is guaranteed a monster pop on his return.

I personally think he’s great. He’s been given a whole load of shit but he’s a talented talker and decent in the ring 

He'd get a pop for his return because everyone gets a return pop. More so now than ever, crowds pop for moments no matter what they happen to be. Even heel turns get big pops because the crowd just want to see storyline advancements.

Give it three weeks and he'd be back to his usual shit self, getting little to no reaction and dragging down whichever poor bastard is saddled with him. The last few years is filled with guys who've had their careers grind to a halt when they've been cursed by a Brat Wyatt feud. 

Maybe they can completely change his character to have him feud with Bryan. He's already got the stinky dreadlocks - why not turn him into a wasteful hipster, using single-use plastic and spraying Lynx Africa everywhere?

• Paid Members

Maybe they can completely change his character to have him feud with Bryan. He's already got the stinky dreadlocks - why not turn him into a wasteful hipster, using single-use plastic and spraying Lynx Africa everywhere?

It's annoying because the general order of things is he should be a fat dancer by now. Boogie Bray Wyatt. The Eater of Discos.

41 minutes ago, ColinBollocks said:

It's annoying because the general order of things is he should be a fat dancer by now. Boogie Bray Wyatt. The Eater of Discos.

Drop the Boogie bit and just have him come out eating multi packs of crisps. Would be infinitely better than anything he’s done previous.

• Paid Members

I really don't see why people think Rowan being put with Bryan is a throwback to a fortnight-long angle nobody gives a shit about any more. Erick Rowan's been put with Daniel Bryan because he looks like exactly the kind of beardy, plaid-clad hipster that would publicly align himself with Bryan's ethics while secretly gorging on kebabs behind his back.

1 hour ago, JimboDangerous said:

I must be missing something, what does Gangrel have to do with crisps?

It has become folklore on here.  Much like Bossman winning the Rumble this year (Even though only about 5 of us know how it came about)

• Awards Moderator
10 hours ago, Keith Houchen said:

It has become folklore on here.  Much like Bossman winning the Rumble this year (Even though only about 5 of us know how it came about)

I knew the crisp anecdote but went back to read it. Absent mindedly upvoted it, so there's one upvote for an 11 year old post. 

• Paid Members

Meltzer reckons at one point Asuka's Wrestlemania opponent was penciled in to be Lacey Evans! Christ on a bike!

He also reports they've decided on Daniel Bryan's Wrestlemania opponent and it's someone coming back specifically for the match. Listed potential guys include Cena (my personal choice), Undertaker, Sami Zayn, Kurt Angle (remember when that felt like a dream match?) Kevin Owens (I think the most likely choice) and Bray Wyatt (worst choice imaginable).

Meltzer reckons at one point Asuka's Wrestlemania opponent was penciled in to be Lacey Evans! Christ on a bike!

And then Vince saw her work a match.

Hilarious even reading Lacey Evans might have got a singles match at Wrestlemania for the Title, I want a Kairi/Io/Asuka triple threat at Mania.

I haven’t got a clue who Asuka will be facing at Mania at least point, Carmella and Naomi are faces, Charlotte and Becky are tied up with Rousey, who does that leave? 

Considering they’re probably gonna do the battle royal again this year they’ll be loads of names checked off, maybe have Alexa move over for one match? 

SHAYNA/ASUKA BOOK IT VINCE YOU MENTAL BASTARD

Archived