The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

Not sure if I’m imagining it but I thought that was a great show, well paced and went by really quickly.

Pretty much everything that happened, had a reason for happening. Every match or segment mattered. It harked back to previous events and built some suspense.

A couple of examples:

- Corbin being called out on his previous Roman Reigns comments, only to then have his beat down of Ambrose stopped by Reigns later in the show.

- Lio Rush getting himself into a match with Finn only to loose and then be told off by Lashley as to how that wasn’t the original plan

- The way each segment seemed to flow into the next.

- The Assesnsion/Heavy Machinary angle

- Ronda leaving the title at Steph’s feet.

Honestly, it felt like an Attitude era style Raw in terms of pacing, everyone having some sort of storyline and general amount of content. I’m sure some of this is Prichard’s influence (and i’m Likely imagining it) but if this is the kind of thing we can expect with him back i’m All for it.

Edited by Sym

How have we got this far in a discussion about Raw and no mentions of Elias' t-shirt? That thing was beautiful!

Roman's going into a multi-man match at Mania, I reckon. If you look at the non-Rollins' upper card members of Raw, you've got Balor, Reigns, Strowman and I guess now Ambrose, with Drew, Lashley, Elias and Corbin. Balor will face one of the heels for the IC, the other 6 will go into a tag match for Roman to get the big feel-good win and not have to do too much. He may be in remission, but he can't be anywhere near the levels needed for a big singles match.

It doesn't help when characters like HHH are both heel and face on the same show, depending on who they're talking to!  Obviously Steph will always get booed, but Hunter is just confusing.

Fantastic to see one of WWE's biggest stars back and looking amazing - speaking of Big Dave of course.  He looked like their biggest star in a couple of seconds of airtime.  I know it looks like he'll feud with HHH but... surely an Evolution v Shield match at WM is a possibility?

Sting looked like he could still go.  What's a bad back between friends Stinger?  Come on.

EDIT: also, so.. Dean's a face again now. Ok.

Edited by Loki

Hunter getting his win back at last then? Expect him to see Batista in the mirror next week and then it’s straight to halllowee....I mean mania 

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, Loki said:

Sting looked like he could still go.  What's a bad back between friends Stinger?  Come on.

The mere presence of Sting during a segment where he was scheduled to be in the ring with Flair made me very sad that at their present their last match will not be with each other, that's how it should have been.

Rocky and Hunter should go out against each other.

• Awards Moderator
4 hours ago, Loki said:

It doesn't help when characters like HHH are both heel and face on the same show, depending on who they're talking to!  Obviously Steph will always get booed, but Hunter is just confusing.

It was so odd in the final segment that he was essentially recapping the show like a continuity announcer.

"In a night that we saw Ronda lay down the women's championship..." in a 'well that was interesting turn of events!' voice.

Yet only shortly before he's backstage with Steph earlier cradling the title with concern. Hunter, what is your role here? Are you in the storylines or not?