The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

• Paid Members

I've not read Keller in years, so thought I'd have a quick look at his opinion of last nights show. Surely it's time he quits recapping Raw if he hates the product so much? 

Besides the Flair/HHH/Batista stuff, he has a whinge about Balor/Rush being too competitive and says the Strowman/Lashley stuff was 'stupid' as the bell didn't ring. It's almost as though he's never seen a wrestling show before.

The best moan though is this, regarding the 'triple threat' chant during the Ronda/Steph promo;

(Keller’s Analysis: That is exactly the chant Vince McMahon wanted when contemplating how to turn Becky vs. Rousey into Becky vs. Rousey vs. Charlotte; take Becky out of the match and fans will beg to make it the exact Triple Threat that fans were going to be upset about if Charlotte as “added to the match” when it was Becky vs. Ronda. And it’s working. Fans here are playing right into Vince’s hands as “easy to manipulate” and predictable.)

As if it's a bad thing that Vince McMahon got some of the fans clamouring for a match he's going to book!

• Paid Members

Wow. Keller and Meltzer are really competing for the shittest takes on things these days, aren't they? What a pair of backwards goofs. You wonder how either functions in the real world.

Yeah, I was so lost in my love for Roman and Batista this week that I never even got around to discussing those, "Triple Threat!" chants. Fair play to Vince. It's a business of either giving the fans what they want or making them want what you're giving them. And you can't argue with the results here. He's made this Triple Threat match feel almost natural and organic when it was originally the least organic, most jarring direction imaginable. I still think I'd have preferred the straight singles match between Becky and Ronda but there's no denying at this point that Charlotte's involvement is adding a valid, interesting dynamic and he's done a fantastic job of building up interest in all three women.

That whole segment was executed to perfection. Ronda and Becky knocking fuck out of everyone coming between them, Becky's brilliant trash talk as she was marched up the ramp and then Ronda actually being positioned as someone the company needs more than she needs them, which we never ever see. Boss. It made her immediately feel like huge star who knows her worth and is willing to risk everything. Far better than when guys like Big Show would be scripted to cry when they, "lost their job," or whatever. Who the fuck wants to watch losers who are deseperate for work and have no confidence that they could make money away from WWE? There's no moaning to be had here. This angle is clicking tremendously.

But yeah. I wonder if Keller is still annoyed that we never found out what Mike Tyson's role was going to be at Wrestlemania 14 because Stone Cold interrupted the announcement and ruined it?

Edited by Supremo

• Paid Members

It was one of those shows that refreshes your mind as to why you still keep your hand in. Even though it was impossible to avoid all the big surprises during the week, the key segments were so well done that it didn't matter. I mean, I definitely cried like ET was on the telly when Reigns told us he's in remission, y'all.

No fanny boy chants or nothing, just folk being reasonable humans and giving Reigns his moment. Beautiful stuff. Reigns being out there and acting boss is such a powerful image to anyone with such an awful disease. Long may it continue.

I could not be more excited by a return than big bastard Hollywood Batista (with nod to Bluetista). I bloody love Big Dave and I'm chuffed he's getting another run to eliminate that butchered attempt last time. Again, I knew all about this before watching, but the angle was undeniably great. The fact WWE seemingly went out of their way to give Ric a proper respectful celebration and it twists at the end with him getting his face caved in was brilliant; perfect set up. I agree with those saying the way it was shot added a lot to it. I can imagine how brilliant this was going in not knowing about the twist.

I like the direction they've gone with Rousey. She's been getting crap from the crowd for a few weeks now, but you noticed some cheers when she stood up for herself and told Steph she was above this. I still think the triple threat dilutes the dynamic of Becky v Ronda, but in fairness to WWE they've been handling this about as well as you could hope for.

I may be alone on this, but I really don't want Roman to wrestle until after Mania. He comes back before, he's an afterthought. The guy is a mega babyface after this, don't put him on 4th from the top and devalue him immediately when Becky, Trips and Brock are far more of a focus.

Edited by Liam O'Rourke

5 hours ago, Liam O'Rourke said:

I may be alone on this, but I really don't want Roman to wrestle until after Mania. He comes back before, he's an afterthought. The guy is a mega babyface after this, don't put him on 4th from the top and devalue him immediately when Becky, Trips and Brock are far more of a focus.

He'll probably be back at Fastlane in a multi man but I agree with what you're saying. 

I'd keep him fresh until after Mania and out of the Rollins/Brock orbit. It could be a golden opportunity to rebuild Roman if they play it smart. Rollins losing to Brock only for Roman to be put in the chase will give the dick heads a reason to start turning on Reigns again. It's a tricky one. In a hilarious bit of irony I think Daniel Bryan would be the best option to keep Reigns hot. Have him smash Kofimania into pieces so he comes into the feud with maximum heat. He can scale back on being Captain Planet and focus on killing the Reigns fairy tale story just like he did Kofi's. You can hold off on the Brock match, let Rollins have his moment. Obviously, with the oncoming superstar shakeup and the question of Brock's dates leaves it all up in the air. 

So happy to see the Big Dawg back.

They were expecting to see Flair, but got to see HBK, Sting and Steamboat.  Reasonable trade off.

And no they didn't do anything off air.  Jinder Mahal and the Singh Brothers came out, got a superkick and an Angle Slam and a face of cake.  Sting and Steamboat looked like they didn't know what was going on and didn't join in.