The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

Using someone's real name for your shoot talk when their wrestling name is meant to sound like a real name anyway just makes the whole thing even sillier than usual. 

• Paid Members

Ronda burying Becky's finish - a finish that she's likely to tap out to at Wrestlemania - by calling it "fake" really should put paid to that, "she's picked up wrestling quicker than anyone!" talking point, shouldn't it? Day one of promo class mistakes, there. The sort of thing we (rightly) slate Sam Roberts for, only it's coming from the woman about to main event Wrestlemania!

There's a school of thought that it's all aimed more at Ronda fans who haven't necessarily made the jump to watching her in WWE, by planting the suggestion that she might shoot on Becky at Wrestlemania. I can't see anyone being a big enough Ronda Rousey fan to pay to see that who isn't already watching, though.

• Paid Members

It may not be to some of our tastes, but a HUGE portion of their audience use Twitter. What better way to fire up the feud than in front of a willing audience. Yes, many on Twitter are the very worst neckbeards going, but they suddenly (well - not that suddenly, its years old now) have a platform that they can use between shows to hype their product. 

Becky is absolutely great at it though. She just gets it. 

• Paid Members

Becky's usage of social media is the futute of this entire business. Can you even imagine the past six to eight months if she hadn't started running her own angle and character online?  They'd have had absolutely nothing going for them and the idea of women closing Wrestlemania - even factoring in Ronda - would've been laughable. 

Edited by Supremo

I said this in the other thread, I’m enjoying, particularly the Beck side of the back and forth, but I worry, especially the route its going that Vonce is going to cool on them both due to the PG perspective and we’ll end up with a Charlotte win at Mania

• Paid Members

How you go from one of the best Raws in a long time to that garbage is beyond me. Just nothing of any note all show aside from The Shield reforming for the 4th time.

It blows my mind they've went from a straight up Ronda vs Lynch red hot feud with actual serious discussion of them main eventing, to this confusing mess. Add Charlotte, take Becky out, have about 3 number one contenders matches despite Becky winning the Rumble, take Rousey out, add her back in, turn her heel. It's all over the fucking place. It's awful and I have no interest in watching them in a triple threat now.

• Paid Members

Russo is definitely back isn't he? He definitely scripted that HHH promo.

Don't really agree on the women's stuff. They're adding layers that didn't need adding for the sake of filling TV which is always a shame but the basic emphasis is on building sympathy for Becky and stacking the deck which they've not strayed from. 

I'm still not in live with the triple threat though. Best outcome for me is Ronda fucking over Charlotte to ensure the singles match (which makes sense because of her promo last week) and that gives them a reason to make it up to Charlotte with a shot at Asuka. It's more contrived than it needs to be but it's the perfect out I think.

Not much else to get excited about. Shield reunion is a tad rushed but there's a PPV on Sunday at Rollins is busy at Mania so that would always be the case.