The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

Was very tempted to bring up that “Wrestling Cinematography” thread for how they shot the whole Batista shtick - brilliant! From the wide angle, to him grabbing hold of the camera and then dragging Flair outside, the whole thing was shot brilliantly, and was unique enough to make him look like a star. You could’ve been watching RAW for the very first time and known just from that 45 second segment he was one of the top guys.

Just a pity we haven’t seen anyone on the current active roster presented as cooly as that!

Edited by AdamTH17

You have to make it outside the WWE to really get Vince's respect, and it's only then that I think you really get to call the shots on your own presentation.  Lesnar, Goldberg, Rocky, Cena, Rousey.  And hopefully Batista now.

1 hour ago, air_raid said:

The mere presence of Sting during a segment where he was scheduled to be in the ring with Flair made me very sad that at their present their last match will not be with each other, that's how it should have been.

Rocky and Hunter should go out against each other.

I love that idea!  But I think Rock is done and Hunter's got years left in him.

Flair and Hogan's last match was very nearly each other.  Would have been fitting I think if they'd left it at that (that Aussie Hulkamania tour).

7 hours ago, FourtyTwo said:

Put Kurt in with the Shield again? ;)

I'd get this guy back instead

wwefan.gif?w=531&h=303

Regarding the Flair birthday celebration, I'm on Big Dave's side on this one. Ric Flair's music was playing and everyone was out there waiting for him and he hadn't even left his dressing room! I know it was his birthday but still extremely rude! I'd have gone in there and dragged him out too.

Although, I was half expecting to see Flair busted open when he got dragged out as that's definitely something Flair would do.

• Paid Members
9 minutes ago, wordsfromlee said:

Although, I was half expecting to see Flair busted open when he got dragged out as that's definitely something Flair would do.

Flair wakes up in the morning already bleeding.

Absolutely fantastic angle to finish Raw with. Batista came across as a total bad ass and a huge star.

Interesting development with the Woman's title too, they are playing out that angle to perfection. I'm still all for that Triple Threat headlining WrestleMania.

• Paid Members
17 hours ago, MEGABUCKS said:

Batista should have just gate crashed the party in the arena. Would have made better TV and a better return.

I couldn't disagree more with this. A huge reason WWE TV is so boring these days is because we only ever get angles playing out in the ring. The reason this felt so different and exciting was because it wasn't done in the ring and was shot so differently to what we normally see. Similar to when Samoa Joe went to AJ Style's house, it was a new, fresh idea that closed the show on a genuine cliff hanger. Great stuff.

image.png.17d7ab83ce9eeaaf4181b10566ec30c5.png

I bet this isn't the first time Batista has had to drag Ric Flair like this.

• Paid Members

Well, that's the best episode of Raw I've seen in an extremely long time. From start to finish, everything was at least good and great in parts. The pacing was excellent- very little backstage bollocks and plenty of in-ring/ramp segments and matches flowed into each other.

Opening promo was ace, Reigns is the man. The moment he made his debut as part of The Shield he looked like a star and his absence has just proved it.

Black/Ricochet VS The Revival was also very good. Dawson's DDT was a thing of beauty, Ricochet looked like a million dollars and Black also looked good.

The Becky/Ronda clash was brilliant. Loved seeing Ronda punching fools for fun in the ring and her promo to Steph was good.

Kurt actually looked pretty decent, his suplexes were much better than the last ones I saw him execute. Loved the first snap German he did on one of the Singh brothers.

Balor VS Rush was also very good, Rush particularly looked impressive. Funny isn't it, it doesn't seem that long ago where everyone thought he'd be sacked off from NXT after he'd only just arrived and now he's in the IC title picture on Raw.

Perfect example of everything flowing well was the Lashley/Rush discussion backstage and it instantly leading into Lashley's entrance. That worked really well, would like to see more of that now and then. His match with Strowman was a decent enough fast-paced bout, more of those kind of matches on Raw please. Likewise with Drew/Ambrose. Reigns and Rollins storming the ring was a great way to cap it off.

And of course the ending was fantastic. Great to see Stinger and Steamboat back in a WWE ring. Big Dave looked the bollocks, he's the coolest guy in the world. Loved seeing him drag Flair as though he was in a body bag.

It was overall a very well produced, very well booked, very well structured and highly enjoyable 3 hours. They got it so right this week, fair play. 

• Paid Members

Yeah, that episode was spot on. Really enjoyable stuff.

Reigns is back as the fucking man. It can be annoying when WWE purposely ignore something that happened last month, but the Ambrose heel run was such a flop that I'm happy for them to just pretend it never happened. Strowman/Reigns/Ambrose vs Lashley/McIntyre/Corbin would be a good way to get them all on the Mania card without taking up too much time.

Black continued to look like a badass. 

Becky's 'I need these hands to lift up the title' seemed ad-libbed and it was a tremendous line. And Rousey laying down the belt is an interesting direction to go in, didn't see that coming.

Alexa wanting to ride the cock off every bloke on the roster is strange. Strowman, EC3 and Finn stand no chance now Dave is back on the scene mind. 

Balor did a cracking sell-job on the leg too. Good match, and hopefully it's leading to a Rush vs Lashley version of Virgil vs DiBiase which is always enjoyable.

That ending, too. Fucking hell, I was expecting a 'Becky breaks out of jail' angle but this was even better. What a bloke Batista is.

• Paid Members

Wade Keller's all upset that HHH made Ric Flair's birthday all about himself. As if it was the Jubilee and Rolf went off script and sang 2 Little Boys as Madness were waiting to go on. Flair's birthday was a written fucking segment. It was only on the show to get the Mania match over. They'd have done this shit off air, if there wasnt going to be an angle at the end. What a fanny.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay