The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

I agree Brock is an idiot: he's better off doing a lot more days, working a lot more house shows and take a paycut - that way WWE has more money to spend elsewhere.

I'm sure everyone here often goes to their bosses and actively requests the same, right?

• Paid Members

Brocks a simple guy. He only likes fighting, farming and fucking. The best of his matches and moments since he came back have outweighed the negatives for me.

• Paid Members
12 hours ago, CavemanLynn said:

That's crazy timing. My gut reaction is it's an angle, but WWE take concussions seriously these days. 

WWE don't do kayfabe concussions. Head injuries are completely off limits when it comes to angles these days.

That said, they'd be mad to not drag an angle out of this. Have Charlotte take Becky's spot in the match at Survivor Series. Charlotte's not technically doing anything wrong, she's just subbing for an injured competitor and representing her brand, but to Becky Lynch and her fans who already see Charlotte as getting everything handed to her on a plate, and taking every opportunity that Becky deserves, that's just grist to the mill. 

The problem with that is that it "gives away" the Charlotte/Ronda match before Wrestlemania, but I don't see what else they could do. In the long term, it could be a means to an end to change up The Plan, and result in Becky getting a bigger opportunity further down the line.

• Paid Members

WWE needs more Brock Lesnar types about, in truth. He's not arsed telling Vince he's not doing something, and you best pay him. I mean, there are countless stories of Lesnar being annoyed at them, returning backstage and launching shit about the place - even a title at Vince's head. You just know Vince gets a chub on every time Lesnar does it too, which I'm sure Lesnar knows about.

Edited by ColinBollocks

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, d-d-d-dAz said:

Or smart.

What should he do? Work house shows and do 70 minute classics every night, even though he’s been offered massive money for a couple of nights a year?

He strikes me as one of the smartest men to have ever played the game. He’s playing the carnys at their own game, and making out like a bandit.

He should be the model that everyone who doesn’t aspire to be an actor should aspire to. When Daniel Bryan is old and nursing a life-changing headache, Brock will be drinking a Coors light and doing unthinkable things to a well-aged Sable.

I agree! He IS a smart business man and everything else you’ve said above is bang on. My point wasn’t knocking his business acumen - my point was that he’s a shit bloke. He’s both. 

Loved Raw. Sucks having to hold off Lynch/Rousey but I think they'll go back to it, probably for mania now. Rousey is intense. She has that reckless physical energy that Brock has and it bleeds into her promos. When she has a mic in her hand I'm on the edge of my seat. She'll be insufferable and whiny one moment and limb tearing, money making machine a few words later. She sounds unhinged. If she is scripting her own promos then great I guess but don't forget the about the editor guys. 

Show was about rightly about Becky Lynch but Drew, Dean and Ruby cut good promos this week. With Drew destroying Angle, the renewed energy of Ambrose and even Balor seemingly being reheated, the Raw main event could get interesting again. 

• Paid Members

Watching footage of the punch, Nia appears to have a fully closed fist when she blindly punches at Bayley which is just fucking mind bogglingly bad. They should just cut their losses and give her the sack. Sure she's got a unique look which plays well when WWE want to talk about how great and inspiring they are but she doesn't really have much to offer past that. Especially when she's injuring people every other week. Her and Tamina could single-handedly put the entire womens division on the shelf.

Edited by LaGoosh

1 hour ago, Devon Malcolm said:

You can be smart and shit though. Lesnar is both.

Wasn’t talking about whether he’s shit, id argue he’s not but could see why he might not be someone’s cup of tea.

I don’t think the way he does business makes him a shit bloke. He undoubtedly is (he trophy hunts and has a nob tattooed on his chest), but I don’t think that any relation to the way he does business.

• Paid Members

Pretty stupid tweet on her part. Carelessly giving a co-worker a concussion days before a big PPV match that fans have been really excited about (and possibly specifically spent money to see) and now won't be able to see isn't "just one of those things". Especially when you've got past form of injuring people.

Edited by LaGoosh