The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

• Paid Members

Becky Lynch is the next big star. Whether they capitalise on that or fuck it up is up to them but it's just so obvious. She's incredible. 

Sad thing is that this should be headlining Wrestlemania but you just know that The Plan is Rousey vs Charlotte. 

• Paid Members

That Raw Womens team is a fucking joke. Ronda can't be on it because they have champion vs champion, fine. Alexa is injured, unfortunate. Ember hasn't been made much of since she got called up. But... you have nobodies like Nattie and Tamina instead of Sasha and Bayley? If you assumed the team genuinely was the best of the division, the division looks weak as piss. Asuka, Naomi and mates should walk it. Except Nia is getting the next go at Ronda, so she's winning, and actually watching the match will be pointless.

• Paid Members

I worry that the scripting of Ronda’s promo about Becky being an entitled millennial who eats avocado toast suggests Vince still hasn’t realised yet, but he’s got the next big thing here.

I still expect Ronda to win on Sunday, and Becky’s momentum is so strong now and last night’s performance made her look so good that I’m not even convinced a loss will hurt her that much, but fuck me. Imagine if she won. They’ve stumbled upon gold here. It feels like Daniel Bryan all over again. If they capitalise on this the sky’s the limit.

That accidental blood added tonnes. If I didn’t know better I’d think she tried to get it hardway. It was too perfect. Honestly, it’s like fate has stepped in and decided she’s going to be the biggest thing in the business no matter what. This should’ve died the moment they fucked up the Smackdown after Summerslam, yet somehow it’s clicked beyond belief.

They can’t help themselves with the T-shirts, can they?

LOL at the deafening silence when Alexa announced Tamina. 

Has there ever been a bigger buzzkill than when they cut from Stone Cold Becky Lynch covered in blood to Stephanie screeching at Baron Corbin backstage? Fucking hell.

Are they trying to humiliate Lashley? Wearing shit shades and bending over like a dickhead, I wonder if Vince has realised what a waste of money he is and so has decided to take it out on him publicly.

I’ll never get over that this is the same Drew who was in 3MB. It’s crazy.

RIP that Singh Brother who landed on his head.

Edited by Supremo

Oh Becky. She's utterly on fire. The Austin parallels are there and they should lean into that with the match against Ronda. You can basically rip off the Bret/Austin match and leave Becky looking incredibly strong despite not pinning Ronda. But man, if she does beat her (shady means etc.) then what a story you can build to Mania with these two.

• Paid Members

Oh, wow. I’d never even considered that, but that’s a really great idea. If Becky has to lose on Sunday then the best finish by far is her refusing to tap out, only for the ref to ring the bell when her arm, “snaps.” 

Perfect.

Oh, wow. I’d never even considered that, but that’s a really great idea. If Becky has to lose on Sunday then the best finish by far is her refusing to tap out, only for the ref to ring the bell when her arm, “snaps.” 

You can start building the Ronda/Charlotte match but have Becky just constantly show up raising hell with her arm in a cast. The 'I never lost' the ref stopped it would be utterly great for her.

I know Vince hates colour and Becky obviously didn’t want to be busted open like that, but she looked fucking badass with her face covered in blood. It added so much more to that last segment. I’m glad I recorded it on Sky as the highlights on Twitter are all in black and white. 

Edited by Mr Kennedy

All credit to Becky for somehow managing to turn this from another sluggish WWE PPV into something I'd consider must-see on the basis of one match. Can't remember the last time that's been a thing for me. Can't remember the last time someone's come off as much as a star either. If you'd have shown me this Becky and Ronda feud and told me one of these women is a high-level MMA fighter, who proclaims herself the baddest woman on the planet, I know who I'd be guessing it to be. She's absolutely killing it at the moment, and she's showing just how easy it is to make someone look good when you elevate them to the level of one of your "stars". 

That said, even though I know she isn't going to win - they have to make her look strong in defeat. Whilst I'm not usually a fan of re-hashing finishes, the Bret/Austin finish makes so much sense for this rivalry. Ronda isn't going to get cheered on Sunday, so they need to accentuate her heelish tendencies to 11, and have Becky come out of this match looking valiant, and most importantly, not beaten by her own accord. Having Ronda win on Sunday through referee stoppage, have Becky take some time off and then return to conquer a now full-blown heel Rousey at Wrestlemania, utilizing the argument that she was never pinned or submitted is so simple, and yet would print money. 

Becky was so good and just gets it. This wont last forever, perhaps not even til the end of the week but for the meantime she is absolutely the best thing in wrestling. She was so good I can even overlook the fact that Charlotte was inexplicably there despite A. having a blood feud with the leader of the SD pack less than 3 weeks ago, and B. having palmed off Paige about the SD SS team for the past 2 weeks. 😣