The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

• Paid Members

I suspect Nia, Vince and Becky have all approved that Tweet in the hope of turning it into a storyline and getting heat out an unfortunate situation, but fuck off. When you've got to play on the fact that you're an unsafe, terrible worker in order to get heat, then maybe it'd be better if you fucked off back to developmental and learnt how to work? Nia sucks. Her character is terrible, her matches are usually crap unless Ronda's involved and her existence on the main roster is genuinely to the detriment of the product as a whole.

But yeah, check this out;

I don't think there's anyone in the business that's using social media to their advantage better than Becky has been these last few months. She's been outstanding. Not even The Elite are this good on Twitter.

Edited by Supremo

‘As bad as my memory is now’

It’s amazing how fast and loose they’re playing with concussion and CTE. You’d think lines like that would be off limits.

I’m glad it’s not, though. If everyone’s cool with it, it’s making lemonade out of lemons.

• Paid Members

Re : Brock being a shit. I'm told that Daniel Cormier is telling people Lesnar signed a new deal to help pick up some slack while Roman is sick, because apparently he considers Reigns a good friend. Interesting, if you believe it.

• Awards Moderator
26 minutes ago, air_raid said:

Re : Brock being a shit. I'm told that Daniel Cormier is telling people Lesnar signed a new deal to help pick up some slack while Roman is sick, because apparently he considers Reigns a good friend. Interesting, if you believe it.

If true, he's the goodest of eggs. I just can't believe it of him though... I mean it's almost like I've been worked. 

• Paid Members

Yeah. I'm sure it's not the case for everyone but whenever I read about people describing Brock as not caring about wrestling and being a dickhead who's fucking off to the UFC, I always wonder how much of that is due to the way he's been portrayed this past year. Whether you think it was a good idea or not to portray him as the anti-WWE, pro-UFC guy on television (personally, I think it was fucking stupid), I definitely think that's played a part in people souring on him unfairly. If anything, he was far more over and was far less complained about when he was truly at his laziest, back when he was having shit, boring matches with Ambrose, Samoa Joe and Strowman. I'd argue he's actually seemed more passionate and willing to have good matches this year, yet the online reaction to him seems far more affected by the way he's been portrayed on TV.

It is the polar opposite to how The Rock is presented when he appears. Every time Rocky works it has the feeling of him coming back for love of the business even though he doesn’t need it. He has jeprodised his real job because he couldn’t stay away from the ring. Brock on the other hand has the aura of being forced to be there when he has to be and knowing this is all beneath him. A good heel character in theory, but it has generated apathy rather than heat for me. 

Keeping the belt on him is a bad move I think, because with that he is expected to be there. If it was presented as; occasionally he sees someone he wants to test him self against then he’d still be money. Someone builds momentum and then Brock sees a challenge he wants to destroy 

The 3 or 4 minute highlight clips that WWE put on their YouTube page after each Raw and SmackDown usually end up with 200k to 500k views each on average.

Becky Lynch leading the SmackDown invasion of Raw is currently up to 5.2M views.

You’ve got to feel for Ambrose. He’s getting another moment in the sun, and it’s fatally, fatally flawed.

For one, the open acknowledgement of his and Renee’s marriage is one of the biggest own goals in recent times. She’s there playing this vanilla, nice character and yet we’re supposed to believe her and the evil ‘lunatic’ pop home for tea and crumpets after a hard night using someone’s cancer diagnosis as a manipulation tactic? Nah mate.

And those straight to camera pieces where Corey and Michael try and call her on ‘knowing more than she’s letting on’ are just brutal.

Dean’s scripting is horrific too. The Roman Reigns stuff is beyond contempt, and why the fuck does he carry a hanky?

It just all feels so stilted and inorganic. 

Ambrose looks great and has charisma. Just let him be loose. Trying to turn him into a pantomime villain is never going to work.

At least his scripting wasn’t as bad as the ‘urine’ segment.

Other stuff happened. I think.

Edited by d-d-d-dAz