The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

WWE’s off-seasons are so telegraphed now, I’ve started to wonder whether I was wrong in the All Elite Wrestling thread - maybe a season- based wrestling show, scheduled for when WWE stop giving ANY shits, might be profitable.

I’d probably watch, anyway.

Got all jazzed for wrestling after buying Mania tickets and Survivor Series. The following 2 weeks of TV have brought me back to earth with a bump.

I’m going to spend the afternoon staring at my Mania tickets thinking ‘600 fucking quid?’

• Paid Members
5 hours ago, Callum1993 said:

Quite possibly the worst episode of Raw in years. Another pointless heel faction all over the show destroying two of the most over guys on Raw. Ziggler vs Rollins for the 400th time this year and Drake Maverick pissing on a robe. Awful stuff. 

I agree with all of this it was rancid from top to bottom.

Can i throw in some hate for ronda stopping mid promo to smile and grin like a drunk ape and tell the crowd she loves them? 

Dean ambrose must have pissed someone off i see no other reason for what they are doing to him 

• Awards Moderator
17 minutes ago, d-d-d-dAz said:

I’m going to spend the afternoon staring at my Mania tickets thinking ‘600 fucking quid?’

It'll all come good once pointing-at-the-sign season kicks in. 

• Paid Members
28 minutes ago, d-d-d-dAz said:

WWE’s off-seasons are so telegraphed now, I’ve started to wonder whether I was wrong in the All Elite Wrestling thread - maybe a season- based wrestling show, scheduled for when WWE stop giving ANY shits, might be profitable.

As mental as it could be, before things went proper tits up with TNA, their winter run to Bound For Glory always did the job of filling that void when WWE were clearly just spinning their wheels until the Rumble. As WWE was winding down for the year, TNA were going for it and, in fairness, their road to BFG was at the very least entertaining.

A shame TNA are so irrelevant right now, but having your product peak for a show around October/November is smart.

Edited by ColinBollocks

• Paid Members

That episode of Raw was a heap of shite. If I hear Corey Graves say anything, ever again, about being on the wrong side or the right side of history, then I think I'll write a strongly worded letter to Sky. In it, telling them to block me from recording Raw for the sake of keeping my ongoing sanity levels where they currently are. Except there would be no point, they'll not have any record of me watching it due to my alternative viewing habits, because am I fuck paying to watch Baron Corbin for three hours a week. 

The forward motion button was used quite a bit on this show, and even then it was dreadful. 

Think I'll stop even skimming through Raw at this stage. Same auld repetitive dross week in and out, inexplicably led by that dullard Corbin. To top it all off, Ziggler is still cutting his 'playing at being a wrestler' promos in 2018. Absolute shite.

Fucking 'Boss and Hug connection' has to be up there for one of the worst team names ever too.

Edited by DCW

1 hour ago, Love-Wilcox said:

It might sound a tad over-dramatic but honestly that was the worst episode of Raw that I can ever remember watching. What a load of boring wank.

The only positive was seeing Seth actually win with the Superplex/Falcon Arrow combo for probably the first time ever. He's learning.

Expect more of that, apparently the Curb Stomp is on the banned list again. Supposedly someone at the network nixed it, I'm guessing cos kids imitating?

• Paid Members

I don't think it was the worst Raw of the past few months, to be honest. It wasn't good though. Some of the booking is ridiculously lazy. Case in point, Finn Balor cuts a promo saying he's fighting the good fight against the evil new regime faction, yet an hour earlier when said regime was battering Elias for around 20 minutes Balor was nowhere to be found. It's the kind of thing that could be covered so easily too. Just a throwaway line on commentary saying Corbin has beefed up security backstage so nobody can make it out to help Elias. But they just can't be arsed to explain anything now. Ziggler and McIntyre seem to have ended their partnership, but we've had zero explanation why. Just a lazy bunch of bastards writing the shows now.

Obviously all their creative juices went into that bizarre Ambrose promo this week.

5 hours ago, bigfoote said:

Expect more of that, apparently the Curb Stomp is on the banned list again. Supposedly someone at the network nixed it, I'm guessing cos kids imitating?

Seth has replied to the guy that claimed this rubbishing it.