The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

• Paid Members

The more reliable the chance is that the stipulation will stick, the better the emotional investment in the story. 

Shawn was the one of the few exceptions to the usual rule in wrestling. If every once in a while the trend gets bucked by somebody, and they actually DO leave town/retire/walk away/whatever, it might make me think "95% of these stipulations are bollocks, but THIS one, this may not be, so I'm going to care about the outcome." If stipulations are always, 100% of the time, bollocks, then why give a shit about any of them? 

• Paid Members

Considering Shawn already retired and came back once, I always found the pandering, "Oh, but he's the only one who honoured the stipulation" hand-wringing to be a little odd.

God forbid Shawn Michaels mess with the sanctity of the respected second retirement.

As great as Shawn was, he's not in the list of people I want to have a last match or two.  That list basically being Austin.

Shawn had a second run, it was great, we got some dream matches and a proper retirement.  Austin sort of petered out and never got a proper goodbye.  If he's properly fucked though physically, it's for the best.

• Paid Members
24 minutes ago, Supremo said:

I think it’s really shit that The Shield reunited weeks and weeks ago, yet we’ve not had a single action-packed 6-Man Tag feathering them yet. Instead, we’ve had Baron Corbin in the Raw main event.  Dreadful. 

Why give away on TV what you can save for.... Melbourne? Really? Huh.