Wrestling Pod Casts / Radio Interviews

uk_wrestle_fan_1981

I’m only partway through but so far it’s just claims that have been told before. The only porky he’s told so far is claiming that he used to drink 2 gallons of milk per day while he was training in the AWA. 2gallons = 7.5 litres/16 pints.

Yeah, sure you were Terry

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, WyattSheepMask said:

I’m only partway through but so far it’s just claims that have been told before. The only porky he’s told so far is claiming that he used to drink 2 gallons of milk per day while he was training in the AWA. 2gallons = 7.5 litres/16 pints.

I could do that easily. I love milk. 

2 hours ago, WyattSheepMask said:

I could see him drinking 2 gallon bottles of the white stuff.

36 minutes ago, TheToeSucker said:

Anyone listen to The Attitude Era podcast? The host isn't as funny as he thinks he is.

The jokes can be hit-and-miss and sometimes it seems they’re a little too keen to show how ‘woke’ they are, but overall I think it’s one of the more consistently enjoyable wrestling podcasts. 

1 hour ago, TheToeSucker said:

Anyone listen to The Attitude Era podcast? The host isn't as funny as he thinks he is.

Completely agree, Kevin Mahon(think that’s his name) is extremely annoying.  Constant shit accents and screaming into a microphone doesn’t do it for me.

He rambles on so much at times you forget what match they’re covering on the PPV

Edited by TildeGuy~!

And his constant "I'm Irish so lets make obscure references to Irish culture nobody other than I or Irish people care about"

Also that "How2wrestling" I think it's his missius that makes him go overboard with his "woke" ccomments. I agree with them a lot of the time about The Attitude Era. But it's beating a dead horse at  this point.

I gave up on How2Wrestling pretty quickly after noticing that his misses finished every sentence with an upward inflection.

Kevin Mahon is consistently the worst thing about whatever podcast he’s involved in, like Cinema Swirl that he does with Sam Chaplin, it’s Sam whose the funny one. As @RedRooster mentioned, some jokes can be hit or miss, but oftentimes you’ll find that Kevin has a joke that he thinks is hilarious and will it into the ground. For the most part it’s still an enjoyable podcast, but like everything it has good & bad elements.

They've also taking to having a segment where they do a caption contest from their Facebook page, which is usually just people making old Simpsons references. It’s not a bad idea in and of itself, but it went on for 10 minutes in the latest episode.

The era that they’re currently covering (1997) was done so well by the New Generation Podcast that you should give those a listen. It’s a shame that show isn’t still around because that was consistently great and very well researched

Edited by WyattSheepMask

That Austin/Hogan podcast was a tremendous listen.

Highlight for me was Terry suggesting that he knew the Warrior tragedy was imminent. He literally claims he was backstage with Vince during the RAW after 'Mania 30 and was giving it "Get the camera off of him, brother. Something isn't right!"

• Paid Members

I've never understood the "oh, they're too woke" critique of AEP. They're reviewing a show from the past with modern eyes and hindsight, of course you're going to compare and contrast. It would be a pointless show otherwise.

Edited by Accident Prone

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Ironic Indie Lad said:

That Austin/Hogan podcast was a tremendous listen.

Highlight for me was Terry suggesting that he knew the Warrior tragedy was imminent. He literally claims he was backstage with Vince during the RAW after 'Mania 30 and was giving it "Get the camera off of him, brother. Something isn't right!"

While it doesn't compare to Hogan's more legendary bullshit, I will always be amused by him having just a day earlier hung out with/buried the hatchet with every single dead wrestler of the past 30 years.

15 hours ago, WyattSheepMask said:

I don't think that's that unbelievable.  I drink 2 pints of milk a day most days and I am in no way, or have ever tried to be an athlete.