Wrestling Pod Casts / Radio Interviews

uk_wrestle_fan_1981

• Paid Members

First half of the Hogan/Austin pod is tremendous. The old fucker can't half spin a yarn. I love austin's non-confrontational way of just asking "Shoot?" at the particularly obvious bullshit. Like his continued claim that Andre called the WM3 finish in the ring.

I still enjoy Attitude Era, but it's had its day and I think I listen mostly out of routine now. I still prefer it to hours of  Conrad bringing up things from the Observer newsletter and Bruce going "yeah, ahm, it was the time y'know".

They do need to chill out on the righteous offense, though, even as far as the Attitude Era goes. 

"So we have Los Boricuas, who are Puerto Rican and also a violent gang, Billy."

"JEEEESUS CHRIST KEVIN."

I mean I get that those years of television  had some true low moments, but they seriously put on the outrage for things that are just...stupid wrestling things. 

On the flip side, despite my recent misgivings about the current output, OSW's new SummerSlam 93 review is fantastic. Check it out. 

Better yet, they're abandoning changing up the current arc and are sticking with New Gen shows until WrestleMania XI!

Edited by Gay as FOOK

11 minutes ago, Gay as FOOK said:

I still enjoy Attitude Era, but it's had its day and I think I listen mostly out of routine now. I still prefer it to hours of  Conrad bringing up things from the Observer newsletter and Bruce going "yeah, ahm, it was the time y'know".

They do need to chill out on the righteous offense, though, even as far as the Attitude Era goes. 

"So we have Los Boricuas, who are Puerto Rican and also a violent gang, Billy."

"JEEEESUS CHRIST KEVIN."

I mean I get that those years of television  had some true low moments, but they seriously put on the outrage for things that are just...stupid wrestling things. 

Annoys me that pretty much everything they don't like is 100% Russo.  Anything they do like....someone else.  It's still a fairly good podcast, but that main host, the Irish guy is irritating as anything.  The show would be much better without him.

I know he's not everyone's favourite but I am really enjoying unfiltered JR these days. 

About ten minutes into the latest Grilling JR (SummerSlam '97) and he's already called Bruce Prichard out for defending the Dr. Heiney bollocks on his last STW episode (on JR) and stressed that WCW were winning in '97 because they had a better roster and a better product. 

Really refreshing to hear him talk without constraints and to do so very honestly. I'm becoming more of a fan. 

• Paid Members

Yeah, JR comes off pretty loose at the moment. I still listen to all the Conrad podcasts, and Jr's is easily the best currently.

Prichard must be going through the chap stick at an abhorrent pace. Brutal, bro. 

I was pretty disappointed, but that’s more likely down to me expecting Hogan to come out with a load of shite (which he does because he always has) but a lot of it you’ve heard many times  before over the years, although he claiming Vince put the kibosh on Hogan becoming Original Triple H/Hollywood Hulk Hogan in 1990 was probably as much as we got. 

With regards to Hogan admitting to sabotaging the WM6 post-Match to put the focus on himself, is that the first time he’s actually admitted it? I know it’s been mentioned before, but I’ve no recollection of him being the one saying it?

Either way, if you want mad wrestler lies, stick with Billy Jack Haynes shoot interviews

Edited by WyattSheepMask

• Paid Members

I was under the impression Hogan admitted to that in his book about fifteen years ago. I might not be remembering it correctly but that's where I had it in my head that he had owned up to it. 

You could be right actually, but it’s been forever since I read that, and I gave it to a mate so he could have a good laugh at it as well. The one particular thing that I do remember from that book was Hogan’s logic that steroids were safe because someone told him that they were safer than sugar. “They told me they were safer than sugar. I thought to myself, ‘well I put sugar into my body all the time’, so how bad could they be brother?”

Edited by WyattSheepMask

20 hours ago, Otto Dem Wanz said:

The story about him nearly dying in Guadalajara made my bullshit sensors tingle but I suspect he was probably exaggerating rather than outright lying.

I think you'll find that Terry Bollea almost died in Guadalajara, Hulk Hogan gained super powers from those stem cells, brother!