Jump to content

Random thoughts thread v2 *NO NEWS ITEMS*


Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

Just watching the very enjoyable Top 100 Raw Moments documentary, and I've never noticed in the commentary of when Dude Love and Austin won the belts, JR calls Foley a "Sex Idol". Well funny. Awesome, now K-Fed's just come on too for the next moment. K-Fed was fucking brilliant. He got it.

 

DIRTY EDIT: Ian, those WCW Live shows sound good, a nice companion to the weird alternate WWF world of Byte This. Is there a lot of them kicking around online anywhere? Usual places if I go hunting?

Edited by NEWM
  • Paid Members
Posted

So I just watched Kaitlyn vs Aksana from this past weeks Smackdown...The worst match i've seen in a long time. It lasts just under five minutes and Aksana has a headlock on Kaitlyn for at least 3 and a half minutes.

 

For those of you who want to see this abomination:

 

HEADLOCK

  • Paid Members
Posted
So I just watched Kaitlyn vs Aksana from this past weeks Smackdown...The worst match i've seen in a long time. It lasts just under five minutes and Aksana has a headlock on Kaitlyn for at least 3 and a half minutes.

 

For those of you who want to see this abomination:

 

HEADLOCK

You're dead wrong. I was actually going to post a comment saying something positive about this match. I liked the way they worked that headlock spot for so long, there were some interesting transitions. Women work better when they stick to chain wrestling, because they always look sloppy and awkward when they attempt to fly around the ring or use strikes. It wasn't a bad little match by women's standards.

 

Plus, you won't find two better arses on show in a wrestling match anywhere this year.

Posted
So I just watched Kaitlyn vs Aksana from this past weeks Smackdown...The worst match i've seen in a long time. It lasts just under five minutes and Aksana has a headlock on Kaitlyn for at least 3 and a half minutes.

 

For those of you who want to see this abomination:

 

HEADLOCK

You're dead wrong. I was actually going to post a comment saying something positive about this match. I liked the way they worked that headlock spot for so long, there were some interesting transitions. Women work better when they stick to chain wrestling, because they always look sloppy and awkward when they attempt to fly around the ring or use strikes. It wasn't a bad little match by women's standards.

 

Plus, you won't find two better arses on show in a wrestling match anywhere this year.

 

Finally got to see it and I'm with Arch. Surprisingly "old Sckool" with its approach and nice to see something different.

Posted

Russo's ace on the new Raw DVD. Fuck it, bring him back in. What's one more body in that convoluted writing system they have now anyway? Not least a mad shite who might plant a few seeds that grow into something good. I know they tried that back in 03 or whenever it was, but it's a different time now.

  • Paid Members
Posted
So I just watched Kaitlyn vs Aksana from this past weeks Smackdown...The worst match i've seen in a long time. It lasts just under five minutes and Aksana has a headlock on Kaitlyn for at least 3 and a half minutes.

 

For those of you who want to see this abomination:

 

HEADLOCK

Just watched it, you're way off. I really enjoyed that match. A cracking little story was told and- something rare in women's wrestling- everything looked solid and not contrived. Ten times better than seeing divas perform the slowest and most obviously aided head scissors and throwing shitty, looking loose strikes. You've had a mare here, callum. Jackie Gayda this wasn't.

 

What's Aksana normally like in-ring? She impressed me here. Kaitlyn already looked good.

  • Paid Members
Posted

Aksana's always been far from the worst woman in WWE on the few occasions I've seen her. Judging by Callum's choices in the sitcom list, though, he clearly has monumental issues of taste.

  • Paid Members
Posted
Russo's ace on the new Raw DVD. Fuck it, bring him back in. What's one more body in that convoluted writing system they have now anyway? Not least a mad shite who might plant a few seeds that grow into something good. I know they tried that back in 03 or whenever it was, but it's a different time now.

Depends if you believe him, of course, but Russo said he made a conscious effort to get the sack, back then.

 

Russo always has a few good/great ideas and concepts a year, they just get lost in his thick fog of madness.

  • Paid Members
Posted
Russo's ace on the new Raw DVD. Fuck it, bring him back in. What's one more body in that convoluted writing system they have now anyway? Not least a mad shite who might plant a few seeds that grow into something good. I know they tried that back in 03 or whenever it was, but it's a different time now.

 

I only watched the documentary last night, but was thinking the same thing. They must have an allright relationship if he's being brought in as a talking head, and can't see what harm he'd do. Can't be any worse than most of the current booking anyway.

  • Paid Members
Posted

Best of Clash of the Champions was on Sky one over the weekend.

 

I caught this whilst flicking though and caught the Sting/Flair match from clash '88, which went to a time limit draw. I really wanted to skip past it as I thought "oh well I've missed most of it" but got really drawn into the closing moments of the match.

 

I ended up standing up (originally to leave the room before catching the match) for the whole thing, and again getting really into the closing minutes/near falls etc.

 

What an awesome match!

  • Paid Members
Posted

Decided to have a flutter on the ppv last night:

 

<-- click on 'spoiler' to show/hide the spoiler

had Cesaro, Kofi, The Shield, Ziggler and the Rhodes Scholars in a

  • Paid Members
Posted

Ok, I didn't watch the PPV last night and wasn't going to bother even though some of it looked quite good. The first two posts in the show thread paint a picture I might like looking at. Is it worth avoiding spoilers and catching a repeat?

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...