Jump to content

Random thoughts thread v2 *NO NEWS ITEMS*


Recommended Posts

  • Paid Members
Posted
Give me Boogeyman and Khali over Men's Fitness in swimming trunks any day of the week.

 

That really should be your sig, hitman.

Posted
I'm not a big fan of the opposites - "this is wrestling!" for example. Well no shit.

 

It's so cringe-worthy when I here shite like this at shows.

  • Paid Members
Posted

People that chant stuff like that are the wrestling equivalent of people who stay behind to watch all the credits at the end of a film.

Posted

People don't mind me doing that. It's when I start the "You can't act!" chant and hold up my "Vamp on UKFF" sign that people get pissed off. Well fuck them, I've bought my ticket right, I should be allowed to do whatever I want at a screening.

  • Moderators
Posted
I do that sometimes...

 

"Please don't end! Please don't end!"

 

"THIS IS ACTING!" *CLAP CLAP CLAPCLAPCLAP*

Posted

Just stumbled across a completley batshit hardcore match between Big Show and Flair from ECW. Show takes 4 unprotected chairshots to the head, juices, and goes into tacks, among other things. I assume ECW was doing terrible numbers around this time, which is what makes it so crazy.

 

Just got me thinking about how much Big Show regrets this ECW run. I wasnt a huge follower of it at the time, but I remember Show having loads of crazy matches and taking loads of chairshots/bumps, which must have knocked some time off his career, and all for such a tiny amount of viewers. Toward the end of this run, he looked absolutley awful.

Posted

I don't think I watched much of it either, but it seemed like a case of "Oh shit, we've overestimated how much people like Sabu and Balls Mahoney" so they started throwing proper wrestlers on it against Big Show. Undertaker, Flair, Batista, Kane, they were all getting ECW title matches.

  • Paid Members
Posted

I was at that show! Fun fact: after the ppv was done, some of those "HOYTAMANIA!" mutants were leaning over the guardrail, picking those very same tacks up and sticking them in their pocket.

  • Paid Members
Posted

I'm listening to some old episodes of WCW Live and its fucking side splitting listening to Spin Doctors Jeremy Borash and Bob Ryder recap the weeks ratings. Borash is such an annoying fault finder its funny in hindsight. He says "the ratings for both shows are down again. Don't want to jump to conclusions but this could be the sign that the boom period is over". Nitro got a 2.4 and Raw got a 5.9 that week by the way and WWF's pay-per-views were on fire. Ryder then continues "I'd be a lot more concerned if WCW was dropping like a rock, but both shows have took a hit. Raw has taken an even bigger fall than Nitro has in the last few weeks". Just amazing.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...