Random thoughts thread v2 *NO NEWS ITEMS*

tiger_rick

People don't mind me doing that. It's when I start the "You can't act!" chant and hold up my "Vamp on UKFF" sign that people get pissed off. Well fuck them, I've bought my ticket right, I should be allowed to do whatever I want at a screening.

Just stumbled across a completley batshit hardcore match between Big Show and Flair from ECW. Show takes 4 unprotected chairshots to the head, juices, and goes into tacks, among other things. I assume ECW was doing terrible numbers around this time, which is what makes it so crazy.

Just got me thinking about how much Big Show regrets this ECW run. I wasnt a huge follower of it at the time, but I remember Show having loads of crazy matches and taking loads of chairshots/bumps, which must have knocked some time off his career, and all for such a tiny amount of viewers. Toward the end of this run, he looked absolutley awful.

I don't think I watched much of it either, but it seemed like a case of "Oh shit, we've overestimated how much people like Sabu and Balls Mahoney" so they started throwing proper wrestlers on it against Big Show. Undertaker, Flair, Batista, Kane, they were all getting ECW title matches.

• Paid Members

I'm listening to some old episodes of WCW Live and its fucking side splitting listening to Spin Doctors Jeremy Borash and Bob Ryder recap the weeks ratings. Borash is such an annoying fault finder its funny in hindsight. He says "the ratings for both shows are down again. Don't want to jump to conclusions but this could be the sign that the boom period is over". Nitro got a 2.4 and Raw got a 5.9 that week by the way and WWF's pay-per-views were on fire. Ryder then continues "I'd be a lot more concerned if WCW was dropping like a rock, but both shows have took a hit. Raw has taken an even bigger fall than Nitro has in the last few weeks". Just amazing.