Jump to content

Random thoughts thread v2 *NO NEWS ITEMS*


Recommended Posts

Posted

Speaking of Vintage Collection, I watched it the other day and was overjoyed to see they've finally stopped that ridiculous blurring of the WWF logo! Seeing big pixelated squares all over my screen when watching Attitude Era content really shitted me.

  • Paid Members
Posted
Speaking of Vintage Collection, I watched it the other day and was overjoyed to see they've finally stopped that ridiculous blurring of the WWF logo! Seeing big pixelated squares all over my screen when watching Attitude Era content really shitted me.

Yeah, mentioned this before I think. Vince threw a wad of money to the new guy running the Panda People © and they agreed to no more editing.

Posted

I recently got rid of Sky Sports, and since then I've found WWE Experience a very enjoyable way to keep up. As Pity said, you get all the main highlights and I personally think just getting the meat and potatoes makes it seem a lot more exciting rather than seeing it as part of a live three hour struggle. I'll watch Raw on Youtube (or Live if I'm up and Chat's on the go) by habit, and I'll be keeping an eye on NXT when the Kevin Nash/Adrian Neville tapings start airing (when's that due, by the way?). I must get round to Main Event too.

Posted
and I'll be keeping an eye on NXT when the Kevin Nash/Adrian Neville tapings start airing (when's that due, by the way?). I must get round to Main Event too.

 

Eh? :confused:

 

Never heard about this.

<-- click on 'spoiler' to show/hide the spoiler

He's a guest commissioner on an upcoming NXT

 

[close spoiler]

");document.close();
Posted
So I watched Goldberg v Perry Saturn from Spring Stampede 1998 last night for the first time and it's a cracking match, isn't it?

 

What was the thinking behind giving Saturn so much offence in that match, though? Were they really big on Saturn at that time? Raven didn't get half that much in the US Title match.

 

Just watched it. For me I'm quite torn. There's certainly a guilty pleasure in seeing these two rediculous super strong atheletes throwing mega power moves at one another left, right and centre. The movesets ( ;) ) displayed in the match were fab.

 

The other "smark" side of me was sad at the utter lack of psychology. Lock up, POWER MOVE, transition, POWER MOVE, stumble around look a little lost, POWER MOVE etc etc. There's a small part of me that thinks if they just slowed in a down and built up each big move I would of loved it more.

 

I think it's more Perry Saturn who is guilty of this. Whenever I watch his matches in WWE, I'm in awe at his incredible high flying & power moves... but a little part of me wishes his matches were better constructed. Every other move he uses feel like finishers to me.

 

Thanks for heads up though... I DID enjoy it. Always was a Saturn fan.

 

 

Posted
I recently got rid of Sky Sports, and since then I've found WWE Experience a very enjoyable way to keep up. As Pity said, you get all the main highlights and I personally think just getting the meat and potatoes makes it seem a lot more exciting rather than seeing it as part of a live three hour struggle. I'll watch Raw on Youtube (or Live if I'm up and Chat's on the go) by habit, and I'll be keeping an eye on NXT when the Kevin Nash/Adrian Neville tapings start airing (when's that due, by the way?). I must get round to Main Event too.

I think its a month behind not too sure when it will air

Posted
Thanks for heads up though... I DID enjoy it. Always was a Saturn fan.

Saturn was among the best things in US wrestling in 1996. I don't think he ever had enough to his act to be a big singles star, but he was always great as part of a team or as the enforcer in a stable.

 

  • Paid Members
Posted

<-- click on 'spoiler' to show/hide the spoiler

He's a guest commissioner on an upcoming NXT

 

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

 

DwightFistPump.gif

  • Paid Members
Posted

Fun/dumb trivia poser : can any of you guys remember the PPV where the wrestlers shunned the Spanish commentary table and instead wrecked the French one?

  • Paid Members
Posted
Fun/dumb trivia poser : can any of you guys remember the PPV where the wrestlers shunned the Spanish commentary table and instead wrecked the French one?

Was it not Ahmed at Royal Rumble 97?

Posted

Did anyone see the strange Brodus Clay vs. David Otunga match from Superstars? Natalya was a guest on commentary where she said that she was infatuated by The Great Khali because he reminded her of Stu Hart, due to both of them being great mat technicians. Khali was the special guest referee, but nobody could understand any of his instructions because they were in Punjabi and Hornswoggle was guest timekeeper, but he was attacked with a bunch of flowers by Rosa Mendes. Utterly bizarre.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...