Random thoughts thread v2 *NO NEWS ITEMS*

tiger_rick

• Awards Moderator

Random thought: Was looking through a piece on Cracked today about celebrity cameos - and I had no idea Ben Stiller was on Raw in 1999 getting involved with Debra, Jarrett and D'Lo! It's presumably not his finest hour, but I've never heard it mentioned anywhere before today.

It was just before Mystery Men came out, and Jeff was in the midst of his misogynist gimmick

Re: Usos/Umanga paint: it's similar if not exactly the same, but a quick google image search shows that the Umaga face paint did differ from time to time, so it could be based on one that he used at some point

Edited by WyattSheepMask

I am up to Superbrawl '91 in my attempt to watch all PPVs in chronological order and have just seen Big Josh come to the ring with a pair of bears.  Real life bears walking on their hind legs.  I am still utterly amazed that it was considered normal and ok for this to happen, they were bears for crying out loud.

• Paid Members

Random thought - I always wonder if Dave Meltzer believes in religion/god/jesus, etc. He's a very smart & logical guy when it comes to wrestling & MMA & numbers & PPV buys & business & stock & viewing figures & history etc, etc; that I'd have expected he doesn't. Yet I read the Observer & listen to the radio show, and without flat out saying it, there are suggestions that he does. I just always assumed the autistic logical brain would dismiss religion for not making sense under even the most minute scrutiny. All of his opinions are derived from logic - yet I find it hard to believe that logic can co-exist with believing virgins can have babies.

Anyway - not looking for an argument on religion, BTW - just listening to Observer radio right now & it crossed my mind for the nth time as a random thought. He's one of the most logical people I know of, yet he may actually believe in some highly illogical stuff.

Edited by herbie747

Just thinking How much of a missed opurtunity Brent hart was for wcw.

Surely he comes in as a guest referee and you don't have a bullshit ending to that sting match

Then he cuts a promo the next night saying he's a man of honour and as such he's gonna prove himself from th ground up.

Week by week he goes through everyone on the roster. By the time he gets to hogan TV he'd have so much momentum hogan would have to work with him. Your big money pay off would surely then be streak vs streak vs Goldberg

• Paid Members

Brent hart

He's living in a cupboard with Bert Hart, Brett Heart and Rick Flair.

They have regular meetings to discuss their favourite wrestler, Bret "Hitman" Clark.

• Paid Members

Brent hart

He's living in a cupboard with Bert Hart, Brett Heart and Rick Flair.

They have regular meetings to discuss their favourite wrestler, Bret "Hitman" Clark.

They also regale each other discussing their classic matches with Nicky Dreamboat.