Random thoughts thread v2 *NO NEWS ITEMS*

tiger_rick

I realised, watching the Beast in the East card on the award-winning WWE Network, that I still call John Cena’s finisher the “F-U”. Cole referred to it as the Attitude Adjustment, I was like “What?” but then, “Oh, yeah. It was renamed years ago.”

you are not the only one. To me, The Attitude Adjustment is Lex Luger's pile driver from 1991.

I can't think of that term without hearing the Hank Williams song in reference to it on that early 90s wrestling radio show you could receive through BSkyB. Anyone else have even have half a clue what i'm talking about as i don't think I've ever heard any mention of the station since. They also used to regularly affirm that Arn Anderson was God, so they can't have had the worst taste.

Watched Benoit vs Angle from 2001 (the cage match) the other day for the first time in years. Angle takes a German suplex off the top rope, which looks so dangerous. Benoit does a diving headbutt off the cage and Angle does a moonsault. It was quite a stunning stunt show from two blokes who seemed to have a death wish. They're both lucky to be still alive and healthy all these years later. Matches like that could have done them a lot of damage.

EDIT - I'm 99% sure you aren't serious, hard to tell with this internet lark!

Edited by Otto Dem Wanz

I was watching Bulldog V Shamrock match again from SummerSlam 97 earlier and when Ken choked out Davey Boy and wouldn't release the hold and if you listen you can actually hear Davey say "I can't breathe".  But my point is I used to love it when the ref would call for the timekeeper to ring the bell constantly over and over hoping it would make them release the hold or stop the beat-down from happening. I used to love that stuff. Something else you never see in today's product.

• Moderators

Never download the old "BEST OF OVW" torrent mainly featuring 00-01 class of Cena, Orton, Batista, Minnesota Stretching Crew, Rico Constantino, Basham, Damaja and RON FUCKIN' WATERMAN.

EVERY SINGLE MATCH ends with them ringing the bell over and over again to stop some chicanery, and it doesn't get old at all over this 5 or so hour presentation.

• Moderators

WOW told me Russ McCullough was the new Kevin Nash and trying to be (more) cool I told Yale 6th Form College that I'd heard of this guy called Russ McCullough and he was going to be a monster, and WWE never called him up, and they never forgave me, and I never had sex again.

Ditto Steve Bradley

Edited by PowerButchi

• Paid Members

I still reckon Reckless Youth is going places.

I used to love it when the ref would call for the timekeeper to ring the bell constantly over and over hoping it would make them release the hold or stop the beat-down from happening. I used to love that stuff. Something else you never see in today's product.

I miss when wrestlers' run-ins just happened instead of being heralded by their music playing. The buzz of the crowd before the camera picks them up and you think "Oooh shit, who's coming down?? What's happening??" It made the whole thing seem more of an unpredictable "people are having a fight" situation rather than a polished, scripted-to-the-nth-degree television show. I suppose the enormous pop for Austin's glass shattering during Rock/Mankind on the 4th Jan '99 Raw killed wrestlers running in sans music forever.

Edited by air_raid

• Moderators

Raven is so cool isn't he? He's like really dark and edgy and mysterious and really really really intelligent and not shit at all. I can never seeing me tiring of his shtick as I get older, less easily pleased and less thick.

Jerelle Clark should also been main eventing WWE. He does a 630, it's amazing. I'd like to see The Undertaker do that! No, he's too lazy.

Edited by PowerButchi

• Paid Members

The Messiah is like Raven, but with less thumbs.

The Messiah was ace. He'd throw in random bible quotes into his really generic "edgy" indy promos. I remember one line from CZW where he went something like "Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the schemes of the devil, so fuck all you motherfuckers!"

• Paid Members
Jerelle Clark should also been main eventing WWE. He does a 630, it's amazing.

I'm more an M-Dogg 20 man myself.

• Paid Members

I still reckon Reckless Youth is going places.

I used to love it when the ref would call for the timekeeper to ring the bell constantly over and over hoping it would make them release the hold or stop the beat-down from happening. I used to love that stuff. Something else you never see in today's product.

I miss when wrestlers' run-ins just happened instead of being heralded by their music playing. The buzz of the crowd before the camera picks them up and you think "Oooh shit, who's coming down?? What's happening??" It made the whole thing seem more of an unpredictable "people are having a fight" situation rather than a polished, scripted-to-the-nth-degree television show. I suppose the enormous pop for Austin's glass shattering during Rock/Mankind on the 4th Jan '99 Raw killed wrestlers running in sans music forever.

The worst for this is Roman Reigns because he always comes out of the crowd. So it's like he goes "The Authority are kicking the shite out of me mate Dean, so I better run from the backstage area, through the arena and up to the top of the same stairs I always come down from, wait for someone to just happen to play my music and then walk slowly through the crowd and help him."

Edited by LaGoosh