Random thoughts thread v2 *NO NEWS ITEMS*

tiger_rick

Been to a beach barBQ I'm sailing.

However am in the only one watching TNA at the moment to see the car crash.

I'm loving see establish stars leave and TNA panic to a replacement guy in the role. I've Ricker replaced Magnus

its also fun they try to hide it with one night returns that they like act like they don't know but we know there for a one night stand and there piggy backing out nostalgia ride to patch up the cracks.

Hahaha keep it gloin TNA. It's gonna be glorious for the last show is bound to be going off air with the ultimate underdog rockstar spud finally conquering his life's ambition of sitting top of the wrestling world. The little man finally toppling the king of the mountain.

• Paid Members
I assume by “it” you mean a mate in management? ;)

That got him a chance, and nothing more. His hard work and the right attitude (not complaining when he was jobbing to fucking Booty Man) got him a lot of the way, and his gravitas did the rest. If he didn't have the aforementioned "it" then none of the crowd - who by and large would have been unaware of him being mates with Bischoff - wouldn't have given a shit when the nWo started courting him, and certainly wouldn't have gone mental when he rejected them so spectacularly. Maybe Page befriended (and more importantly, impressed) someone with stroke, namely Bischoff, during his journey, but that shouldn't negate from the fact he was getting on in years when he started, and Bischoff certainly didn't have enough influence to get him any prominence when he started actually getting in the ring back in 1991.

Tim's got his foot in the door at 33, I think Page stands up as an example of "If you work hard enough, impress the right people and have something about you, it's not too late."

Edited by air_raid

• Paid Members

Page is as carny as they come

There you go, that's that "right attitude" I was referring to. keep it gloin!

• Paid Members

I assume by “it” you mean a mate in management? ;)

That got him a chance, and nothing more. His hard work and the right attitude (not complaining when he was jobbing to fucking Booty Man) got him a lot of the way, and his gravitas did the rest. If he didn't have the aforementioned "it" then none of the crowd - who by and large would have been unaware of him being mates with Bischoff - wouldn't have given a shit when the nWo started courting him, and certainly wouldn't have gone mental when he rejected them so spectacularly. Maybe Page befriended (and more importantly, impressed) someone with stroke, namely Bischoff, during his journey, but that shouldn't negate from the fact he was getting on in years when he started, and Bischoff certainly didn't have enough influence to get him any prominence when he started actually getting in the ring back in 1991.

Tim's got his foot in the door at 33, I think Page stands up as an example of "If you work hard enough, impress the right people and have something about you, it's not too late."

I agree.

As an aside, I think the interesting thing about Page's friendship with Bischoff is that Page helped Bischoff get in the door in WCW in the first place. Bischoff had to work with Page in his try out and, even though they had heat, Page did all he could to get him the job.

It's not like he was a scheming, politician who kissed up to people in power. He's just a genuinely nice bloke. I still say he benefited from his friendship with Hall and Nash more than Bischoff anyway. He was going nowhere until the NWO showed arse for him, at a time when they really weren't showing arse to anybody. That was the major game changer for him.

Watching Backlash 2003 on the Network. I've noticed on a few of the PPVs I've watched that Ric Flairs music isn't the same, wasn't sure if at the time they just wasn't paying the rights to that music because at times he's had a similar generic music, but also Booker T didn't have his usual music neither.

Also I'm sure the camera men are wearing tshirts that say "We The People" with We being WWE logo. So have they tried to get the We The People catchphrase/ slogan over in the past?

• Paid Members

They don't own the rights to either piece of music so have replaced them to avoid paying royalties.

The 'We The People' line is from the American constitution. It's used in lots of things, mainly political ( which is why it was used for the Zeb / tea party connection)

Paul Orndorff as much as i love Mr Wonderfull, dont half take himself to seriously. An intense man. Just watched a few clips from shoot ints with him and Dibiase, it's unbelievable how different they are despite being from the same era. I guess thats what makes wrestling great with charachters like that back then.