Random thoughts thread v2 *NO NEWS ITEMS*

tiger_rick

• Paid Members

Can anyone think of others of a similar ilk? I remember Orton doing injuring himself during his RKO taunt. Prat.

Didn't Mr Wonderful get a career ending stinger from giving Chuck Palumbo a Piledriver? In the incredibly unlikely event that I'm remembering that correctly surely that's got to be the worst way to get an injury.

Vampiro and Striker are my favourite commentary duo in ages.

A good mix of cool veteran chatting shit and reporter dork. They are enthusatic and usually add to the product. It probably helps that I'm not really fucking bored of them together

My new found investment from the weekend is a future programme from Strong and Lethal in ROH.

Dunno if people care about spoilers but I will put it in spoilers just incase (also updated the ROH thread)

SPOILER - Highlight the black box to read
I think Lethal v Strong will be amazing, but I'd love Strong to get another run someday and it's clearly not gonna be his time now while Lethal establishes himself as champ. Will he keep both belts I wonder or will he vacate the TV championship?

Edited by Cobra1000

• Paid Members
Didn't Mr Wonderful get a career ending stinger from giving Chuck Palumbo a Piledriver? In the incredibly unlikely event that I'm remembering that correctly surely that's got to be the worst way to get an injury.

Well, Mark Jindrak, and sort of, yeah, but "career-ending" over-dramatizes it somewhat, in that he'd already been retired five years due to the actual injury which taking bumps in that match aggravated. His involvement in that eliminator at Fall Brawl was a (poorly-judged) one off.

Hmmm. Seems an odd reason to dislike someone. Firstly you've never wrestled him so how do you know if he's reckless? Most the roster work pretty stiff these days too from the look of things. Secondly, there's never been any reports of him injuring or hurting anyone. Orton has said in interviews that Shaemus is one of his favourites to work with as it's easy, his stuff looks great but he is very safe. If you don't like him because he's boring or whatever that's fine but unless you have to wrestle him then I don't see why you would care if he is a stiff wrestler or not.

Wasn't it Sheamus that injured Bryan just after WM31? Sure I read something about it in the observer.

if Sheamus really is one of Orton's favs to work with, Orton hides it pretty well. Forgot they're feuding atm, no real chemistry. Can't work out why Barrett isn't getting Sheamus' push tbh

• Paid Members

Sheamus is about a hundred times better than Barrett at the actual wrestling side of things, that's why he's in the spot he is. For all the great character work that he does, I don't think Wade has ever had a truly excellent match in his time in WWE.

• Paid Members

He's got a lot better at that has Wade, but when you look at the in ring workers at the top of the card, Barrett is nowhere near that level. Typing that, Barrett is a better promo than most of the roster too.

I like Barrett best when he barely wrestles and spends his time talking. A bit of a lazy idea this, but he'd do a good job doing his version of Piper's Pit. He's a good hand when it comes to promo segments.

He's got a lot better at that has Wade, but when you look at the in ring workers at the top of the card, Barrett is nowhere near that level. Typing that, Barrett is a better promo than most of the roster too.

I like Barrett best when he barely wrestles and spends his time talking. A bit of a lazy idea this, but he'd do a good job doing his version of Piper's Pit. He's a good hand when it comes to promo segments.

A million times yes, It'd be like Miz TV except it'd be good, he'd certainly be better off doing that than losing to R-Truth in meaningless matches

I can't think of anything worse than Barrett doing an extended chat segment. He's great at hitting his catch phrase in short segments like a good obnoxious comedy heel, but I can't bear that hideous North-South fusion accent that only British wrestlers have for more than a minute or so at a time.

I know it's remembered fondly but I fucking hated the original Nexus angle, almost entirely because of Barrett's tedious over-wrought over-pronounced promos going on and on every week. He was probably my least favourite wrestler ever at that point. I can't think of any run by any other talent that I've enjoyed less. Reading what a great run it was on here would've been baffling at the time, had it not been so transparently the result of BritWres bias.