Random thoughts thread v2 *NO NEWS ITEMS*

tiger_rick

• Paid Members

Jerelle Clark should also been main eventing WWE. He does a 630, it's amazing.

I'm more an M-Dogg 20 man myself.

Son of Havoc!

• Paid Members

Random thought following some YouTube viewing - Was Vince the worst at taking the Stunner? Always seems to collapse like a bag of mince.

• Paid Members

Shawn Michaels saving HHH from the McMahons and The Spirit Squad is perhaps my favourite ever run in save. I remember buzzing watching that. What was even cooler was that they played the King of Kings song when HHH and Shawn got back together. Because why would they have the DX music on the playlist? It was just a perfect angle.

Not a run in just more of a post match attack when Owen Hart returned at the DX PPV to kick the shit out of Michaels after being off TV for 4 weeks. Back then many assumed that Owen was done with the company and was on his way to WCW along with Bret and Davey. It was one of my fave shock return moments. It just looked perfect the way he came through the crowd without his music and wearing normal clothes it also looked like he hadn't shaved for a week or two. He looked like a man on edge wanting to kill those two fuckers for what they had done to his brother. Just a shame WWE fucked it up after a couple of weeks. They could've done some great things with Owen at that time.

• Awards Moderator

Jerelle Clark should also been main eventing WWE. He does a 630, it's amazing.

I'm more an M-Dogg 20 man myself.

Jason Cross was where it was at. He did a Shooting Star Leg Drop! Unless that was someone else.

On the OVW front, JR's Ross Report used to be great/terrible for hyping up people from there who didn't turn out to set the world on fire. I spent 2002 convinced that when Shelton Benjamin debuted, he'd be the equal of Lesnar. It was the equivalent of watching NXT and telling your mates who's going to be a main eventer when they get to the main roster.

Edited by HarmonicGenerator

• Paid Members

Jason Cross was where it was at. He did a Shooting Star Leg Drop! Unless that was someone else.

I genuinely nearly put Jason on the strength of the Crossfire, but Matt did even more Space Flying Tiger Drops and hanging himself horizontal like a flag around the ring post than anyone else ever, so he's probably the best worker of all time.

Me too, all I could find was this dropkick

To be fair (and I'm not doing an indy fan routine here) Show looked really good then

• Awards Moderator

I don't believe there's video footage or anything. It's just a line that I remember dem wans trotting out all the time back in the day, and I thought it fitted in with the tone of the last page or so of this thread. I don't even know if it's true, but you'd hear it all the time on forums in the early 2000s to justify ... I can't even remember what!