Random thoughts thread v2 *NO NEWS ITEMS*

tiger_rick

They missed out by not making it rainbow coloured for a week, just like every straight person did on Facebook.

Speaking of which, this  (maybe NSFW, so feel free to edit or delete if need be)....

b1hd_Ue_Y.jpg

...is what I made my picture.  (I'm dead mature me).

Would've been quite good if they did it with the ropes like they do for cancer week.  Though that would mean having six ropes..

Edited by handspants

• Paid Members

I don't know about that; can't imagine a raging homophobe would've employed Pat Patterson and Steve Lombardi for as long as he has.

And assuming that Vince isn't a raging homophobe. I'm willing to bet that he is, what with the stellar portrayal over the years of characters with homosexual traits (if that's the right word to use)

He hates money as well, he booked rich characters to be right bastards.

Now that Summer Rae has been dropped as a main character on Total Divas it's probably just a matter of time before she's wished well in her future endeavors. About time Tamina was released too.

Her Instagrams already back to her real name, so she's preparing

• Paid Members

I always imagined Vince was undet the impression homosexuality was just Pattersons gimmick

Are you taking the piss? They had to let him go once because of allegations he was fondling ring boys.

• Paid Members

I always imagined Vince was undet the impression homosexuality was just Pattersons gimmick

Are you taking the piss? They had to let him go once because of allegations he was fondling ring boys.

Yep just a little joke

• Paid Members

Except it's not true. They let him go because he was an openly gay man in a business that was under suspicion of other openly gay men abusing underage employees. Patterson was quietly brought back within a year, but the others (Mel Phillips & Terry Garvin) never returned.

• Paid Members

I'm 18 years late with this one and it may be common knowledge, but I just found out that during the peak years of Pete Rose's career he was playing for the Cincinnati Reds and they had such a run of success that that generation of players was nicknamed the Big Red Machine. I'm assuming that was the whole point of the running Kane storyline at WrestleMania. 

• Paid Members

I'm 18 years late with this one and it may be common knowledge, but I just found out that during the peak years of Pete Rose's career he was playing for the Cincinnati Reds and they had such a run of success that that generation of players was nicknamed the Big Red Machine. I'm assuming that was the whole point of the running Kane storyline at WrestleMania. 

I didn't know that either, but suddenly those appearances make a whole lot more sense.

• Paid Members

Yeah I'm a big Baseball fan so I did know that but I can't imagine many would. It was a very common nickname for them and I instantly related it to the 70s Reds team when I 1st heard them call Kane it. I'm pretty sure they lifted the nickname directly from that team.

• Paid Members

Was he even called the Big Red Machine at the time of the 1998 Mania? That seems like a name that came later on that year. I'm thinking more they called him the Big Red Machine based off his beating of Pete Rose. Could be wrong, of course.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay