Random thoughts thread v2 *NO NEWS ITEMS*

tiger_rick

• Paid Members

Why do people on the internet call Mysterio "Reyrey"? I've never heard any wrestlers use it - just people on forums & such.

Even more annoying than that is 'Misterio'.

That's the proper spelling for the translation of "Mystery" in Spanish (Rey being "King", well "King Of" in this case). It's what he was called earlier in his career - and what Rey Misterio Snr went by.

Edited by Benno

Random thought - I fucking hated that Hogan stayed in the ring for both Macho Man and Warrior's title wins at WM4 and WM6. What an egotistical prick.

As a kid watching this when it was aired on a monday night back in 88, i was over the moon that Hulkster stayed in the ring and celebrated, he was my favourite wrestler and Macho Man my second.

Mania 6, i was gutted he lost but happy he done the right thing and hand the title over.

To many people who watch the events in hindsight (not saying that is the case with you) and listen to all the stealing his thunder bullshit. Maybe for the absoloute miniority like 1% of the fans at the time he may have. But for those who were kids watching the event at the time, all it done was add to it, well it did for me anyway.

• Paid Members

I hated Hogan as a kid - never got it. The American flag & music meant nothing to me - I wasn't American. Plus, he looked old & bald & really uncool. Was always a Savage & Warrior guy.

When the mega powers split, I was up for Savage. Never liked Hogan TBH. I missed his ascension, but also assumed he was just aimed at American kids - so he had nothing I could relate to as a 10yo Irish kid. My first wrestlemania was WM4, so it was always Savage for me.

Edited by herbie747

• Paid Members

I hated Hogan as a kid - never got it. The American flag & music meant nothing to me - I wasn't American. Plus, he looked old & bald & really uncool. Was always a Savage & Warrior guy.

When the mega powers split, I was up for Savage. Never liked Hogan TBH. I missed his ascension, but also assumed he was just aimed at American kids - so he had nothing I could relate to as a 10yo Irish kid. My first wrestlemania was WM4, so it was always Savage for me.

Kind of the same here, although I got into watching the WWF slightly later, so I preferred Bret. Only thing I saw of Warrior was the awesome return to rescue Hogan from Shango/Sid, and then his crappy run following it. Loved Savage, but aside from the awesome Flair match at WM8, I never got to see much of him.

Never trusted Hogan at the time, and as I got into the WWF a few months prior to RR92, the main thing I remember of Hogan outside a promo is his being a shitty, sore, sore, butt-hurt loser who pulled Sid Justice out of the ring for eliminating him from the Rumble, even though I'm sure that wasn't allowed, and thus allowing evil, smug Ric Flair to become champion.

Why do people on the internet call Mysterio "Reyrey"? I've never heard any wrestlers use it - just people on forums & such.

Even more annoying than that is 'Misterio'.

'Misterio' and 'Eddy' are tantamount to indie names in my book, although I was never a WCW man.

Late 1995 WCW is so fun. Been watching from Nitros inception and just got past Halloween Havoc, Hogans feud with the Giant is so preposterous that I dont know where to start. Initially it was just hinted that the Giant was Andres son, now theyre just openly saying it. Hogans still in full on 80s mode with his promo style and mannerisms. The Dungeon of Doom is so ridiculous, from Kevin Sullivans short, fat dad look to all of the members and then the weird Ice man that appeared just before the PPV. The finish of the Halloween Havoc match was so bizarre too, I dont see why they thought it was a good idea. Suuuurely you have The Giant go over, destroy a few challengers in between then and Starrcade and then have Hogan take the belt back on the big show? It was a really sloppy, e-fed style finish to their PPV, I wont even get started on the 'Yettay!'

Its impressive how polished Nitro is and how well presented it is though, Bischoffs strong points really show here and its a really easy programme to watch. Its so weird watching a Nitro after the PPV and forgetting how little information and communication there was about what happened at a PPV. I automatically presumed the show must have been taped as they just constantly teased about the 'extraordinary events' that happened the night before without going into detail.

• Paid Members

Suuuurely you have The Giant go over, destroy a few challengers in between then and Starrcade and then have Hogan take the belt back on the big show?

You smark. ;)