NXT - Post NXT Takeover discussion in progress

• Paid Members
7 hours ago, RIDDUM_N_STYLE said:

That main event was so hard hitting that Finn had to have a CAT scan after the match with suspected facial fractures while Kyle had a couple of teeth knocked out

What a pair of idiots.

• Replies 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I can't abide Adam Cole. Hate that crossfit style of wrestling him and Rollins have. It's devoid of emotionĀ 

I couldn't really give a shit what Shayna has or hasn't achieved in MMA. In wrestling, she's the dog's bollocks, and the best heel they have.

You can't think of it from the POV of "me". Neither you or I are their entire audience. This forum is a great place to chat about what they have done, could do or might do but if you just come down to

Posted Images

• Paid Members

I can't believe this show isn't being talked about as much as I expected. NXT TV may not be as captivating as it used to be, but this Takeover delivered in spades, if this was an AEW PPV, people would have been talking about it for weeks.Ā 

Santos Escobar is brilliant, one of my favorite people in wrestling at the moment. He is probably the first Cruiserweight Champion i have actually held some interest in.Ā 

I rolled my eyes at Ember Moon as i wasn't her biggest fan the first time round, then she did nothing on the main roster, but then I thought that now with her and Toni Storm returning, along with Io, Rhea, Candice (unless drafted), Dakota Kai and others, their women's division is absolutely stacked.Ā 

The knee to Balor in the corner just exploded his face, it was uncomfortable to watch. You could see him trying to talk at the end and just couldn't.

• Paid Members
Posted (edited)

These lads would have much longer careers if someone clued them in that itā€™s fake.

Also, LOL at themĀ likely needing to do another tournament/battle royal/eliminator/ladder match for the vacant belt. Remember when NXT hadĀ storylines? Now itĀ just feels like endless qualifiers.

Edited by Supremo

Starting to wonder if NXT can get through a show without an injury these days.Ā 

Hollands initial reaction and the fact they tweeted out best wishes before he'd even left the arena makes me think its a bad one.Ā 

• Awards Moderator

The results page I read this morning had some highlights videos on it, and I have to say IĀ loveĀ Drake Maverick and Killian Dain. Nothing else I watched held my interest even for the length of the highlight video, but they were brilliant.

Ā 

I skimmed through the show earlier and I agree the partsĀ with Dain and Drake wereĀ amusing. Was annoyed with how they were using Drake but it clicked in this episode. Good stuff.

But mostly things are not holding my attention in NXT and Iā€™m gradually using the time to watch more of Dynamite instead and not skip through that so much.

Edited by Mr.Showtime
10 hours ago, Shy Dad said:

Starting to wonder if NXT can get through a show without an injury these days.Ā 

Hollands initial reaction and the fact they tweeted out best wishes before he'd even left the arena makes me think its a bad one.Ā 

Broken/snapped ankle apparently. I havenā€™t seen the incident in question and am in no rush to šŸ˜³

Genuinely that isn't as bad as I feared and that's still pretty bad. Originally thought he'd completely exploded his ACL especially with the huge wrap around support they put on the leg after.Ā 

I must admit I x30'd through the show a bit, but I did catch Wade suggesting that Holland has been paid off to attack Adam Cole - hence the new Merc.

Assuming that's what they're going for, they can easily shift that angle despite Holland's unfortunate injury by getting some other mercenaries involved but...wonder if it's Pat McAfee behind it?

Having followed Hollandā€™s Rugby career I really feel for him. He was plagued with injuries in the last few years of his playing career, he just canā€™t seem to catch a break. He was starting a push in NXT UK before COVID took over, and heā€™s now suffered this when seemingly starting another push.

Wish some guys would wear better gear that protects them, given how high impact the style is these days Its asking for trouble wear ankle boots and no pads.

Works for guys like Thatcher cos he is old school style and doesn't jump about, but if big dudes like Ridge have to catch people it's too easy to roll your ankle or break as we saw.

I know accidents can happen but HHH/HBK know more than most about knee and leg injuries and need to advise them.

Hopefully Balor doesn't get stript of the title, once a timeframe comes out then we'll see but he can still do promos (when he can talk) and build a feud that way.

• Paid Members

Drake Maverick is one of the most talented peopleĀ in the industry. Fucker can make almost anything work. Its a tragedy they donā€™t have real fans right now. ImagineĀ the pop theyā€™d have gotten when Drake finally managesĀ to get Dain to do that stupid dance with him.

But yeah, other than Drake and the Womenā€™s division this show is dying. They better hope someone gets drafted because I canā€™t remember the time when they had less momentum. Thereā€™s almost nothing on the horizon worth being excited about.

I canā€™t even bring myself to watch NXT right now. The fact Velveteen Dream and Austin Theory are featured as prominently as they are after the most grave of allegations were made against them is an exhaustingly deflating representation of how little attention much of the industry has paid to the Speaking Out movement. Itā€™s really sad.

19 hours ago, Supremo said:

Drake Maverick is one of the most talented peopleĀ in the industry. Fucker can make almost anything work. Its a tragedy they donā€™t have real fans right now. ImagineĀ the pop theyā€™d have gotten when Drake finally managesĀ to get Dain to do that stupid dance with him.

But yeah, other than Drake and the Womenā€™s division this show is dying. They better hope someone gets drafted because I canā€™t remember the time when they had less momentum. Thereā€™s almost nothing on the horizon worth being excited about.

They are having a small number of fans (approx 100) since takeover and now weekly tapings. Ā Not the same and I wonā€™t be there anytime soon, but itā€™s a start!Ā 

• 2 weeks later...