NXT - Post NXT Takeover discussion in progress

NEWM

• Paid Members

These lads would have much longer careers if someone clued them in that it’s fake.

Also, LOL at them likely needing to do another tournament/battle royal/eliminator/ladder match for the vacant belt. Remember when NXT had storylines? Now it just feels like endless qualifiers.

Edited by Supremo

I skimmed through the show earlier and I agree the parts with Dain and Drake were amusing. Was annoyed with how they were using Drake but it clicked in this episode. Good stuff.

But mostly things are not holding my attention in NXT and I’m gradually using the time to watch more of Dynamite instead and not skip through that so much.

Edited by Mr.Showtime

10 hours ago, Shy Dad said:

Starting to wonder if NXT can get through a show without an injury these days. 

Hollands initial reaction and the fact they tweeted out best wishes before he'd even left the arena makes me think its a bad one. 

Broken/snapped ankle apparently. I haven’t seen the incident in question and am in no rush to 😳

• Paid Members

I must admit I x30'd through the show a bit, but I did catch Wade suggesting that Holland has been paid off to attack Adam Cole - hence the new Merc.

Assuming that's what they're going for, they can easily shift that angle despite Holland's unfortunate injury by getting some other mercenaries involved but...wonder if it's Pat McAfee behind it?

Having followed Holland’s Rugby career I really feel for him. He was plagued with injuries in the last few years of his playing career, he just can’t seem to catch a break. He was starting a push in NXT UK before COVID took over, and he’s now suffered this when seemingly starting another push.

Wish some guys would wear better gear that protects them, given how high impact the style is these days Its asking for trouble wear ankle boots and no pads.

Works for guys like Thatcher cos he is old school style and doesn't jump about, but if big dudes like Ridge have to catch people it's too easy to roll your ankle or break as we saw.

I know accidents can happen but HHH/HBK know more than most about knee and leg injuries and need to advise them.

Hopefully Balor doesn't get stript of the title, once a timeframe comes out then we'll see but he can still do promos (when he can talk) and build a feud that way.

• Paid Members

Drake Maverick is one of the most talented people in the industry. Fucker can make almost anything work. Its a tragedy they don’t have real fans right now. Imagine the pop they’d have gotten when Drake finally manages to get Dain to do that stupid dance with him.

But yeah, other than Drake and the Women’s division this show is dying. They better hope someone gets drafted because I can’t remember the time when they had less momentum. There’s almost nothing on the horizon worth being excited about.

I can’t even bring myself to watch NXT right now. The fact Velveteen Dream and Austin Theory are featured as prominently as they are after the most grave of allegations were made against them is an exhaustingly deflating representation of how little attention much of the industry has paid to the Speaking Out movement. It’s really sad.

19 hours ago, Supremo said:

Drake Maverick is one of the most talented people in the industry. Fucker can make almost anything work. Its a tragedy they don’t have real fans right now. Imagine the pop they’d have gotten when Drake finally manages to get Dain to do that stupid dance with him.

But yeah, other than Drake and the Women’s division this show is dying. They better hope someone gets drafted because I can’t remember the time when they had less momentum. There’s almost nothing on the horizon worth being excited about.

They are having a small number of fans (approx 100) since takeover and now weekly tapings.  Not the same and I won’t be there anytime soon, but it’s a start! 

• 2 weeks later...