NXT - Post NXT Takeover discussion in progress

NEWM

• Paid Members

Danny Burch was the security at my local Virgin Megastore/Zavvi in the early 00's. Amazing to think he's made it from wrestling in the local leisure centre under Bagga to NXT tag team champ. Made up for him.

I'm loving the Drake/Dain partnership as well. 

Edited by Hannibal Scorch

12 hours ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

Danny Burch was the security at my local Virgin Megastore/Zavvi in the early 00's. Amazing to think he's made it from wrestling in the local leisure centre under Bagga to NXT tag team champ. Made up for him.

I'm loving the Drake/Dain partnership as well. 

It's mad how physically big he was compared to the vast majority of people in FWA/IPW and now he looks like a cruiserweight in NXT. Glad for him, always enjoyed his UK stuff and loved the London Bridge (Boys and Girls) as a finisher.

Edited by stewdogg

• Paid Members
50 minutes ago, stewdogg said:

It's mad how physically big he was compared to the vast majority of people in FWA/IPW and now he looks like a cruiserweight in NXT.

He has competed as such reasonable amount too, having sporadic runs as a semi-regular on 205 Live.

I think he is significantly leaner than he was in those FWA days though, if not actually lighter.

• Paid Members

He was much bigger during his first NXT "run", and then he was making sporadic appearances, but he dropped a fuckload of weight after that and I believe got signed shortly after. Burch looks fucking great in fairness, very happy for him. 

• Paid Members

Well, Halloween Havoc was great fun. Other than Shotzi's B movie presentation, I didn't fast forward anything. The Haunted House match was hilarious, Cameron Grimes is great. The zombies in the ring was a bit much, but I took it as a comedy match more than a serious one. 

Killian Dain is brilliant in the straight man role, not falling over as the Shockmaster and mumbling that he can't see in the mask.

Pete Dunne is ripped! Looks an absolute star and Pat McAfee continues to show Gronk how it's done, the guy pisses charisma. 

Only thing I thought was a bit of a let down was Gargano being N

A Champ again, he should be the N/A Champ, eh, eh? I cannot believe how far his stock has fallen. He was the best baby-face in the business at one point.

I read there was another outbreak at the PC on Friday and a lot of plans were changed so I wonder how it was going to originally look. 

• Paid Members

It was a much better show than usual thanks to the theme, and I’m all in on Pat McAfee’s stable of hardcases leading to the inevitable War Games match with the Undisputed Era.

Fucking hell though. Eventually, they’re going to have to start writing some proper week-to-week storylines and interesting characters that engage and build the audience properly. There’s only so many times these poor women can take stupidly dangerous bumps on free TV in their desperate attempts to pop ratings. That last bump Candice took was brutal.

Pat McAfee and Pete Dunne looking like Brock Lesnar though. My absolute dream team.

What’s the deal with Dunne? Can people fly into the US from England now?

Edited by Supremo

7 minutes ago, TomJones233 said:

It happened during an NXT show, and someone else commented on it. Care to call them an idiot too?

Who else commented on it in this thread other than you?

This thread is for discussing the show not what happens away from cameras, you wanna discuss COVID-19 go to that thread as your hot takes are getting tedious at best now

1 minute ago, RIDDUM_N_STYLE said:

Who else commented on it in this thread other than you?

This thread is for discussing the show not what happens away from cameras, you wanna discuss COVID-19 go to that thread as your hot takes are getting tedious at best now

"I read there was another outbreak at the PC on Friday and a lot of plans were changed so I wonder how it was going to originally look. "

Said by Nick James.

If you're gonna try to insult me, try to read. Its not hard.

5 minutes ago, TomJones233 said:

"I read there was another outbreak at the PC on Friday and a lot of plans were changed so I wonder how it was going to originally look. "

Said by Nick James.

If you're gonna try to insult me, try to read. Its not hard.

I read it clearly, just sleep deprived. Doesn’t change my personal view on you in any way shape or form