NXT - Post NXT Takeover discussion in progress

NEWM

This weeks NXT was so bad it made me want to commit atrocious crimes. 

Of all the guys you could give a shine to be having the upset NA title win they pick the skinny guy for the sake of a sight gag. Somewhere Vince was yelling "that's such good shit pal" 

Why is Thatcher working with the serial killer? 

What was the stuff with Gonzalez and Boa about 

They're going to ruin Toni Storm aren't they. 

The only good thing about the show was Pat McAfee and the British Invasion. 

I want NXT back please

1 hour ago, Tsurutagun said:

Why is Thatcher working with the serial killer? 

Thatcher threw one of his students into the drawing that the serial killer had drawn. Serial killer was not happy. Regal made a match between Thatcher and serial killer. Pretty much standard way most mid-card matches get made really (Wrestler A does something to annoy Wrestler B backstage or during the last week, and a match is made).

What was the stuff with Gonzalez and Boa about 

Xia Li challenged Gonzalez to a match last week. Something happened to Xia Li (probably be explained over the next few weeks) and so she did not turn up for her match with Gonzalez. Gonzalez was annoyed and attacked Boa. The stuff with the old man and Boa, who knows (but again hopefully explained over the next few weeks).

They're going to ruin Toni Storm aren't they. 

Not really. She lost to the recent #1 contender to the women's title, who had to cheat to beat Storm.

On 11/12/2020 at 5:31 PM, Tsurutagun said:

This weeks NXT was so bad it made me want to commit atrocious crimes. 

I don’t tend to watch NXT since I don’t particularly want to watch Velveteen Dream or Austin Theory, but I was curious about this week’s show based on your scathing review. 

I thought it was a lot of fun.

Leon Ruff winning the title is the kind of thing you don’t see very often in NXT and Gargano was absolutely brilliant throughout all of this. 

I thought the Boa stuff was really intriguing. Gonzalez is very impressive and I like the way she was presented in an almost Chyna-like manner. The angle after was really intriguing, I want to know what it’s all about so it served its purpose.

I like the fact that NXT is more angle heavy, wrestling just isn’t as fun if there’s no reason to invest in who you are watching. ‘They’re good in ring’ just isn’t enough for me. 

I thought it was a better show than this week’s Dynamite, which did a fairly weak job at following up a phenomenal PPV.

Yeah I went and watched it expecting the worst from that comment but they've certainly done a lot worse.

Dynamite I enjoyed but it definitely felt like a step down from the PPV unfortunately, but it still had its enjoyable parts.

NXT felt like they've got a lot of moving parts and at least they're trying to give some purpose to a lot more people rather than just random matches here there and everywhere.

• Paid Members
57 minutes ago, DavidB6937 said:

Dynamite I enjoyed but it definitely felt like a step down from the PPV unfortunately, but it still had its enjoyable parts.

It should be a step or 2 down from the ppv. That step up should be what gets you to part with your money. 

• Paid Members

Amazing that anyone can complain about the Gargano thing. This was easily the best thing he’s done and the most entertaining I’ve found him in months. Probably years, in fact.

There are obviously better uses of Johnny Gargano’s talents. But if both he and Ciampa are going to remain in NXT for eternity as seems to be the case, despite both of them having done absolutely everything possible? I much prefer Johnny acting like a goof and making me laugh than Ciampa doing the same thing he’s always done, now feeling like someone’s lame older brother that no-one has the heart to tell to grow up and fuck off.

Ciampa is like Tony from Hollyaoks. Everyone else has moved on but he’s staying where he is, year in year out, doing the same old shit, hanging on to the same old shitty memories.

Edited by Supremo

On 11/14/2020 at 11:23 AM, Supremo said:

Amazing that anyone can complain about the Gargano thing. This was easily the best thing he’s done and the most entertaining I’ve found him in months. Probably years, in fact.

There are obviously better uses of Johnny Gargano’s talents. But if both he and Ciampa are going to remain in NXT for eternity as seems to be the case, despite both of them having done absolutely everything possible? I much prefer Johnny acting like a goof and making me laugh than Ciampa doing the same thing he’s always done, now feeling like someone’s lame older brother that no-one has the heart to tell to grow up and fuck off.

Ciampa is like Tony from Hollyaoks. Everyone else has moved on but he’s staying where he is, year in year out, doing the same old shit, hanging on to the same old shitty memories.

Quality This Country Kurtan reference my friend😂😂

1 hour ago, Mr.Showtime said:

Fantastic main event (Io Shirai v Rhea Ripley for the women's title), NXT made it feel big-time and the match was unpredictable all the way to the end so very much worth a watch if you don't know the result. And another fine Pat McAfee performance too.

Probably my favourite episode of NXT for quite some time. Solid all over really but certainly the main event was absolutely fantastic, as well as the War Games stuff too.