NXT - Post NXT Takeover discussion in progress

NEWM

• Paid Members

BDAF4759-ECA7-4FA2-A9CC-3CC3A369F99A.thumb.jpeg.c0af33eb376de19155b9ebc0b08ba7c1.jpeg

Oh, to be a fly on the wall in the NXT production meetings. I’m convinced every week it’s Road Dogg and Drake Younger wasting their allotted time banging on about anti-mask and QAnon conspiracies, and then when Hunter shows up at the end expecting the whole show to be scripted Shawn Michaels just panics.

”Maybe...another...ladder match?”

442C2C45-78E1-44D9-A416-624756DC18E6.gif.9d31e8c9f6ff5465d5d319bdc0003871.gif

I'm sorry but I still laugh every time I see a picture of Undisputed Era like that. 

Just them in their black hoodies, skinny jeans, shite trainers and matching haircuts look so ordinary.

I know the business and how wrestlers look has changed and it's great that they're not going to die of a steroid-induced heart attack in their forties, but they honestly just look like four blokes picked at random from an indie rock gig. 

Is there anyone on the NXT roster (outside of the women) who looks like a proper star? 

2 hours ago, SaitoRyo said:

I'm sorry but I still laugh every time I see a picture of Undisputed Era like that. 

Just them in their black hoodies, skinny jeans, shite trainers and matching haircuts look so ordinary.

I know the business and how wrestlers look has changed and it's great that they're not going to die of a steroid-induced heart attack in their forties, but they honestly just look like four blokes picked at random from an indie rock gig. 

Is there anyone on the NXT roster (outside of the women) who looks like a proper star? 

Karrion Kross. Ridge Holland.
Apart from that, no. 

• Paid Members

Does anyone enjoy Dexter Lumis? He’s instant fast-forward material for me every single week. I spend the majority of his matches, and to a lesser extent the matches of Timothy Thatcher, wishing they’d pull the plug on these terrible pushes with guys going nowhere and just fly Tyler Bate and Walter over like they have done Pete Dunne and Toni Storm. 

• Paid Members

I enjoyed Lumis as Sam Shaw in TNA and think he could be a good hand in NXT, however they have done nothing to flesh out his character other than him stare quite a lot and draw good cartoons. I don't think he has even uttered a single word since debuting either. 

1 hour ago, Supremo said:

Does anyone enjoy Dexter Lumis? He’s instant fast-forward material for me every single week. I spend the majority of his matches, and to a lesser extent the matches of Timothy Thatcher, wishing they’d pull the plug on these terrible pushes with guys going nowhere and just fly Tyler Bate and Walter over like they have done Pete Dunne and Toni Storm. 

The serial killer is just terrible. Loving Thatcher in NXT though. His gimmick of the sadistic teacher is awesome. His matches are an acquired taste perhaps but as long as he's torturing people in Thatch as Thatch can, I'm in on Thatch. 

Now, all they need to do is not have him losing by submission to anyone for ages and we'll be fine

*Checks NXT results*     Oh 🤦‍♂️

• Paid Members

Thatcher has definitely been the best thing about NXT through the summer, IMO.

The FIGHT PIT was tremendous, and the Thatch as Thatch Can vignettes/live demonstrations have indeed been very entertaining. I'm yet to be bored by one of his matches, and that's saying something considering his most recent one was against Kushida, who I find intensely dull.

I am quite looking forward to a programme with Ciampa too, although it does appear to mean that Ciampa has been positioned as a face yet again, despite having last turned heel about 8 weeks ago.

• Paid Members

Considering that NXT was originally started to create the stars of tomorrow (rather than its current purpose: keep AEWs ratings under 1m so Fox don't work out that they paid way too much for Smackdown), out of the current crop are there any potential big stars or future main eventers? Are any of this lot going to headline a Wrestlemania?

Edited by LaGoosh

• Paid Members

I don't particularly rate him, but ordinarily I would say Adam Cole was the best bet - though the fact that he still hasn't been called up after all this time would suggest that they'd rather he be a lynchpin of NXT than experience any kind of career progression.

I imagine they might see Karrion Kross as a potential top guy, but I don't think he'll get there. Scrolling through the roster, literally nobody jumps out. I'm admittedly usually pretty awful at predicting success, though.

• Paid Members

Adam Cole is listed as big favorite over Pat McAfee in betting odds for WWE  NXT TakeOver: XXX match | Wrestling News

One of these guys could headline Mania. It's not the scrawny fuck.

McAfee aside, I think Kross will get every chance possible to succeed. Between the look and the act with Scarlett he's got more potential than most, but let's be honest. This current injury is the best thing that could've happened to him because he was on a one way ticket to being badly exposed as NXT Champion. That match where he won the belt was one of the worst Takeover main events I can remember. And not because of the injury, either. It was because he's a boring, generic CAW between the ropes. There's nothing there once the lip syncing stops.

Honestly, and I never thought I'd ever say this, Damian Priest is your best bet of someone moving up and succeeding. Tall, good look, weird voice. You can imagine Vince loving him. Plus, absolutely nobody is talking about it because nobody really talks about anything in NXT, but Damian Priest is currently having a really underrated run. Banger after banger with guys like Gargano and Balor. I always thought he was a useless sack of shit in ROH but he's surprised me massively in NXT and proven that with the right guy he can have shockingly great matches. It’s the natural evolution of NXT. In the land of five foot Indy darlings the lanky bloke who can just about keep up becomes king.

But yeah. McAfee. Him as the heel going against Brock as the babyface. Give us your money to see this prick get murdered. Wrestlemania main event right there. Get War Games out of the way and then stop wasting this guy on the C show with the tape trading dorks.

Edited by Supremo