The UKFF's 50 Favourite Films 2012 - The Results!

Devon Malcolm

• Paid Members
The Brave Little Toaster was his number 1.

:laugh: It would have been a few years ago, but the combination of growing up (slightly) and not seeing it in years has bumped it out of my top 10!.

Still a massively underrated and slightly dark animation though.

It was shown in independent cinemas mainly.

I saw it in a special showing with Chris Morris and the cast giving an interview afterwards. It's so funny and all the different characters are really good. I can't recommend it enough. So glad it made the top 50.

It most definitely had a full cinema release. I saw it at my local cineworld when it came out. Cracking film.

• Paid Members

The favourite/best film thing was one of the reasons I didn't submit a list. It is so dependant on how I feel at the particular time.

On to Four Lions, amazing film. Balanced the comedy really well with what was quite a sad story. The matter of fact way he was happy to just leave his family, and the fact that his wife was fine with it was incredible.

Had a long chat about it at work, and we all came to the conclusion that Barry was only a muslim extreamist because they got to him first. If the NF, or another organisation got to him, he would have easily taken up thier cause.

It was shown in independent cinemas mainly.

I saw it in a special showing with Chris Morris and the cast giving an interview afterwards. It's so funny and all the different characters are really good. I can't recommend it enough. So glad it made the top 50.

It most definitely had a full cinema release. I saw it at my local cineworld when it came out. Cracking film.

Yeah whilst I didnt go and watch it, it was definately showing at my local Vue cinema. I ended up watching it on DVD and really didnt find it that funny. Then again, I find Anchorman deeply unfunny.

Four Lions is tremendous. Saw it in a packed cinema with lots of brownfaces there, and everyone was laughing along. I love Morris' well-known stuff, but I'm not the greatest fan of his short film My Wrongs # 8245-8249 & 117, which I was going to post a Youtube link to but I can't find it on there. Did find this Easter egg from the DVD of it though: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3XDLwlXUow

Four Lions was just brilliant comedy. Probably my favourite film of 2010.

I want to submit my list over the weekend, Gladstone, so you'll have to do a recount.

• Paid Members

Confession time: I thought the police negotiator at the end was Chris Morris doing a cameo, partly because the moustache looked fake, and partly because it was so obvious that the "Benedict Cumberbatch" listed in the credits was a comedy made-up name.

• Paid Members

Robocop (1987)

robocop_poster_3003.jpg

People wot put it in 1st place: 0

IMDB Rating: 7.5

What's it about?

Peter Weller gets gunned down by Kurtwood Smith and friends. Don't worry, Pete, they fix everything. Nancy Allen looks on, useless.

What do we say?

"Like Dawn Of The Dead, it

• Paid Members

Nice to see Robocop in there, as it is a top film but I'd have swapped it's place with Terminator if I could.

Terminator is one of those near perfect films, just a joy to watch and while I wouldn't expect it top 10 I'd have expected it to be higher.

I say near Perfect because its not Predator or Commando, which clearly are perfect.

• Paid Members

Loved Robocop. Its a film everyone in our infant school watched, which might say a lot for the high crime levels in this country. Fantastic movie. Just as good is the old ITV pre-watchshed edit of the movie, featuring such lines as "F-Why me?", "Up your stinking nose" and "Once they even called me 'air head'". Dick Jones is great, Clarence is wonderful and the black bloke, the Gary Glitter looking man and the ginger one who turned into mush were the perfect band of thugs.

Edited by The_BarbarIAN

• Paid Members

Happy memories of me and my 2 mates doing the Robocop walk out of the Odeon in Manchester into a gale force wind, and watching the massive sign on the nightclub opposite get ripped off the wall and roll down oxford roll, knocking students over as it went!

• Paid Members

That's the first from my list to make it, I think. Some of the special effects look laughable now, but everything else holds up. Murphy's death is one of those iconic scenes that you'll never forget after seeing it. Great film.

What happened to the new one that was supposed to come out? I'd love to see the franchise rebooted, today's kids are missing out on some great toys.

Edited by CleetusVanDamme