The UKFF's 50 Favourite Films 2012 - The Results!

Devon Malcolm

• Paid Members

It was shown in independent cinemas mainly.

I saw it in a special showing with Chris Morris and the cast giving an interview afterwards. It's so funny and all the different characters are really good. I can't recommend it enough. So glad it made the top 50.

This list is going to get weird, I'm starting to realise. Excellent film, good directorial debut, very funny. One of the Top 30 Films ever? Better UK film than Shane Meadows' works? I've got a horror that due to a quirk Sabrina is going to end up in the Top 10.

• Paid Members

Yeah, it showed at the arts cinema in Cambridge but none of the major ones, which is why I have never bothered with any of he monthly passes that Cineworld or Vue do. They'd rather have 4 screens showing 3 different variations of Twilight (which is a rant for another day)

• Paid Members
This list is going to get weird, I'm starting to realise. Excellent film, good directorial debut, very funny. One of the Top 30 Films ever? Better UK film than Shane Meadows' works? I've got a horror that due to a quirk Sabrina is going to end up in the Top 10.

It's not best films though. It's favourite films. Big difference.

Edited by LaGoosh

• Paid Members

Exactly, otherwise we may as well not bother and just post a thread titled 'Citizen Kane is the best' and be done with it. I think its nice and refreshing to see these (like Ian's favourite wrestler list), as it shows which films have an affectionate hold over those on here. Plus, if it were a best film list people might come up with a list of films they may not enjoy, but are critically acclaimed, to avoid any elitist comments thrown their way. You can't scoff at what people enjoy though, you like what you like.

I'll put my list up at the end like others are going to.