The cookery thread

Philo_Vance

• Paid Members
7 minutes ago, Bicurious Dad said:

I assume you're referring to the picture of the cow on the Malted Milk?

I just meant the giant biscuit, but the inclusion of the cow on the malted milk surely makes it a double whammy.

• Paid Members
On 6/7/2020 at 9:25 AM, tiger_rick said:

Good job.

Made my best ever fluffy pancakes this morning. Don't have any pics but the recipe was 300g self raising flour, 300ml milk, 1tsp baking powder, 1tbsp caster sugar and 2 eggs. I whisked the dry stuff together, mixed up the eggs and milk, brought it altogether and then left it for about 15 mins before I used it. Just came out perfect.

Did these again, got some pics this time. Really great recipe. 

20200615_083013_copy_1008x567.jpg

20200615_083008_copy_1008x567.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Confession time. I’ve never deep fried anything before. 
I’m going to make some deep fried tofu, I know how to prepare the tofu and I’ve got the vegetable oil and the wok. But what do I do with the oil afterwards? Is it good to reuse or do I dispose of it, and if so, how? I can’t just tip it down the sink!

12 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

Confession time. I’ve never deep fried anything before. 
I’m going to make some deep fried tofu, I know how to prepare the tofu and I’ve got the vegetable oil and the wok. But what do I do with the oil afterwards? Is it good to reuse or do I dispose of it, and if so, how? I can’t just tip it down the sink!

I read somewhere that if you don't want to reuse cooking oil you can pour the used stuff into a wine bottle (or similar glass appendage) and bin it