The cookery thread

Philo_Vance

• Moderators
8 minutes ago, Silky Kisser said:

Having fun with this breadmaker. It's nothing ground breaking, but these pizzas came out tidy. 

20201128_173355.thumb.jpg.fc96923c8012c1bbf207207f1255a228.jpg 

Only downside is everything we've made so far comes out quite 'heavy' and because I'm a gluttonous bastard, I'm eating a lot of it... I'll save that for the shitting thread though. 

They look great. Although I have to say one of my favourite things about making my own pizza is that I can chop salami / pepperoni up into little bits to get better coverage rather than big slices that you get on shop pizzas.

• Moderators
On 12/3/2020 at 8:17 AM, PowerButchi said:

I'm learning to cook from a real proper chef. 

Wasn't into this video until turned out the beans were sausage and beans. Bravo, what a touch of genius. She's even got paleo recipes on there.

• Paid Members

https://bakeplaysmile.com/3-ingredient-christmas-cake/

Can't recommend this recipe enough. My old dear made one using a blue milk & snide Aldi baileys mix for the fluid & it was absolutely belting. I'm currently soaking fruit & nuts in a mix of dark run & chocolate milk. I love rich fruit cake but they can be really expensive & a load of effort, I was genuinely suprised how good this is given how basic it is.

• Paid Members

Been playing with the waffle maker. Not actually made any waffles in it, but we've used it to make some other bits. Not got pics of everything but here are some "Snickerdoodle" (cinnamon) cookies.

image.thumb.png.183e409253c66e85d84ba225bcba1009.png

A popular one in the "things to fanny about with in a waffle maker" scene. Waffle pizza. proper home made dough and home made Marinara sauce in this one. it was nice but needed more filling while simultaneously not giving the impression it could take more filling.

image.thumb.png.5bb22034478214d047799a5c953065f0.png

This one is the crown jewel. We had leftover cheesy chips. Chucked them in the waffle maker. not only did it look great but the cheese got toasted and the chips reheated brilliantly, much better than the microwave. This one better feature on that new Netflix show about leftovers.

image.png.ce92e05d4f9993161fdb840754e3d983.png

Not a waffle maker recipe but made this Pear and Frangipane tart that's one of the nicest desserts I've had for ages. A king of comfort foods.

image.thumb.png.2eedc45fe6ff3fa32d65bd74c370bbba.png

Wife and I decided this year that instead of buying new toys or gifts for the dogs in our extended families for Christmas that we would make them some homemade dog biscuits instead.

Been experimenting with them recently and testing them out on our own two dogs. Settled on three different biscuits inspired by a 3 course Christmas Dinner.

Salmon, sweet potato and parsley. (We would usually have salmon or fish as a starter)

Turkey and cranberry. (This one explains itself)

Peanut butter, apple and oats. (Wanted to make them something sweet and these turned out quite well)

• Moderators
On 11/24/2020 at 8:51 PM, chokeout said:

https://www.kitchensanctuary.com/korean-fried-chicken/

gochujang paste is just amazing for sauces, can't get enough of it. 

Finally got around to making this... So tasty! Looks very pretty too. A little bit too sweet for me so I would probably reduce the sugar next time but yeah. Fantastic.

Did the chicken in the chicken airfryer as always ..

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Chest Rockwell said:

Did the chicken in the chicken airfryer as always ..

I bought an air fryer back in January essentially just for chicken wings. Its pretty much my most used gadget now and am planning on upgrading in the post Xmas sales. I'd recommend one to anyone. 

I've absolutely nailed fried chicken & breaded pork steaks

.20201213_143102.thumb.jpg.b49e9c869fbacad2333d30a82ad7777b.jpg