The cookery thread

Philo_Vance

3 hours ago, johnnyboy said:

My wife loves her Ninja Foodi so much I'm genuinely surprised that she hasn't left my clothes in a bin bag outside the front door and put it in my spot on the sofa.

My husband has been going on and on about the Ninja Foodi, he has seen it on TV and is a sucker for advertising so I wasn't sure it was actually that good or if it was hype. I'll watch the video, thanks.

Any other recommendations are welcome.

18 hours ago, Chest Rockwell said:

What do you want to make and how much kitchen counter / storage space do you have?

I am scared of deep fat fryers so making chips in it will be the main thing for me, my husband will probably use it for things like chicken wings.

We have a large island in the kitchen which I could put it on but personally prefer to put stuff in the cupboards where I can.

Edited by deathrey

1 hour ago, Chest Rockwell said:

The Phillips is reasonably compact and we can stash it away quite easily when not using it.

PS super jealous that your island has power sockets, deathrey..

Any particular model of Phillip's?

My husband actually designed the island himself, the sockets are quite clever and when not in use,  push in to the island and are flush against the surface.  Currently everything is covered in baby formula and a total mess so nothing to be jealous of! 

• Moderators

Just having a little look online and I don't think they even make the one I have anymore.. It's been a while since I bought it so I don't really feel qualified to make a recommendation. I'd just say that having a big capacity is very useful so try to get the biggest size one that you can comfortably accommodate - even if you're not doing really big volumes of food the more space stuff has in there the better it'll cook.

• Paid Members

I had an actifryer that was ok, a Phillips that was excellent, and have got a ninja now that is awesome.  It’s not the foodi due to the aforementioned lid erection, but it’s a great fryer.  Just reheated a maccys apple pie in 6 minutes and it’s crisp as hell.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

After eating a stupid amount of cheese, meat, pastry and other stuff over xmas, I though it was time to cook from fresh again. I’m in the middle of cooking a Dal, a sweet & normal potato curry, and knocked up another Mexican style coleslaw. All separate meals to dip in to over the next week. 
The coleslaw is a great additional filler for wraps rather than a standard salad to go with meat, fish, or on its own to be fair. 
All 3 are very easy, full of goodness, can accompany other food or as stand alone. Nice to get past the Christmas fat fest to be honest.

E27E8D31-B795-429C-AFD7-1FC41F887CC3.jpeg

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Kaz Hayashi said:

and knocked up another Mexican style coleslaw. All separate meals to dip in to over the next week. 
The coleslaw is a great additional filler for wraps rather than a standard salad

What's in it? It looks great.

Also while I'm here who was it that made Huevos Rancheros? Was it @Chest Rockwell? What's ur recipe?