The cookery thread

Philo_Vance

Just because there is nowhere else to put it i'll put it in here. 
I got from asda the special bakery edition muller light yogurts - one special edish being cinnamon swirl flavour and the other being lemon drizzle cake flavour. 
I love yogurts it's one of the few things i actually eat but last night i was eating the lemon one and i shit you not it tasted like washing up liquid, I understand how weird that statement is but i've never experienced anything like it 

21 minutes ago, Kfogg1991 said:

I got from asda the special bakery edition muller light yogurts - one special edish being cinnamon swirl flavour and the other being lemon drizzle cake flavour. 
I love yogurts it's one of the few things i actually eat but last night i was eating the lemon one and i shit you not it tasted like washing up liquid, I understand how weird that statement is but i've never experienced anything like it 

Bit in Bold. Consider a Covid Test as taste is one of the things to change early on https://www.nature.com/articles/s41467-020-18963-y

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Kfogg1991 said:

Please don't.

@Bellenda Carlisle I have made them a few times but not for a while..  So I can't give you a precise recipe. For the sauce - soften some onions, rehydrate some ancho chillies, chop them and add them in.  Add tinned tomatoes and blitz with stick blender. At this point I also add a bit of good quality smoked paprika and some roasted ground cumin. Cook it down on a low heat until it's pretty thick and add a generous amount of chopped coriander.

And then after that it's just corn tortillas and fried eggs. I definitely recommend making your own tortillas as the taste and texture difference is really noticeable, but the flour isn't that easy to get hold of and you do need a tortilla press because the dough is quite brittle so you can't roll it. So it may not be worth the effort and investment for you.

Edited by Chest Rockwell

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

Birthday Chocolate "drip" cake. Realised too late that it needed three 18cm cakes when I only have 20cm tins so it ended up being two layers with not quite enough ganache. Still very nice. The caramel buttercream was good too.

image.png.fb66c8b262833c9bc06f8165956b131f.png

Second time I've made caramel this week, did some Millionaire's shortcake for the kids at the weekend. massive sugar hit but delicious.

image.png.c2ab927a7624e55a8b5cb366ecc2f880.png

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Carbomb said:

Recipe please, sir. Those look lush.

Marinade the chicken in:

150ml buttermilk

1tbsp 5 spice

2tsp celery salt

2tsp white pepper

1tsp black pepper

Chuck it in the fridge for at least an hour, but if you have enough time, 3 hours makes it taste amazing. 

Flour them in 4/1 mix of cornflour and normal flour (can just use cornflour) and 1tsp of five spice

Sauce is 

50ml dark soy

50ml light soy

2tbsp honey

50g brown sugar

10ml sesame oil

20ml rice vinegar

2 cloves of garlic (and the same of ginger, I just use pre made paste that I've blitzed in the blender) 

Chilli flakes and chopped spring onion 

Chuck it all in a pan and bring it to the boil and then just leave it on the side to cool and thicken. 

Fry the wings, toss it in the sauce to coat. Enjoy!