Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

I am with Devon on this one. Only because I cannot for the life of me work out how to prounce D@mm user name. 

Is it ‘DatMM’ because that is difficult to say. Is it a funny jape using the @ instead of A? 

Can someone ‘report’ back with their findings. 

• Paid Members
41 minutes ago, Joe Blog said:

I am with Devon on this one. Only because I cannot for the life of me work out how to prounce D@mm user name. 

Is it ‘DatMM’ because that is difficult to say. Is it a funny jape using the @ instead of A? 

It's an example of now extinct letter accenting. In ancient times, @ was pronounced as 'uh'.

https://metro.co.uk/2018/09/02/meet-martin-goldsmith-the-man-who-helped-introduce-wwe-to-the-united-kingdom-7906435/

The Metro have done a cool article on Martin Goldsmith, the guy who got the WWF to tour over here. It gets into the WWF QVC shows too, I'll never forget some daft presenter talking about "Heartbreak Hulk Hogan".

Edited by Merzbow

From the press release (possibly updated):

In turn, Jonathan Coachman will take over as the new host of WWE’s pay-per-view kickoff shows. A veteran broadcaster with more than 20 years of experience hosting shows for WWE, ESPN, MSG Network and the Golf Channel, Coachman will bring his unique style to millions of viewers around the world on WWE Network, YouTube, Facebook, Twitter and WWE.com, as the host of WWE’s pay-per-view kickoff shows. Coachman will begin his new role this Sunday, Sept. 16 alongside WWE Hall of Famer Booker T, David Otunga, Sam Roberts and Peter Rosenberg prior to WWE’s Hell in a Cell pay-per-view event