Documentary Thread #2

Egg Shen

• Paid Members

I might watch that Amanda Knox documentary later tonight, I haven't read much about what happened before other than the main soundbites on the news, so it'll be interesting to find out more about the investigation.

I might watch that Amanda Knox documentary later tonight, I haven't read much about what happened before other than the main soundbites on the news, so it'll be interesting to find out more about the investigation.

It's a fantastic documentary. High recommended. I don't think she killed her, she might have been there and have been an accomplice but she didn't kill her.

Fuck me, Nick Pisa reveals himself for the absolute cunt he is in that documentary.

In fact, Amanda is the only one that seems remotely relatable throughout. Nearly cried at the end watching her react to the second acquittal. I didn't follow the original story that closely, but watching the obvious farce of the Italian police was making me so angry I had to pause it a few times.

Also, good shout from Butch earlier on Death of a Gentleman. Have been recommending that around as a result.

Fuck me, Nick Pisa reveals himself for the absolute cunt he is in that documentary.

Yeah. Him describing how giddy and excited he was to find a 20 year old girl had been murdered in the area he lived, knowing he would get some articles on the newspaper front pages, said a lot about the kind of person he is.

• Paid Members

Amanda Knox gives me the creeps. So does her clingy boyfriend. Both of them are as creepy as each other. Of course the both of them did it, with help from the black guy who is in prison at the moment.

Edited by bAzTNM#1

• Paid Members

Yeah. Him describing how giddy and excited he was to find a 20 year old girl had been murdered in the area he lived, knowing he would get some articles on the newspaper front pages, said a lot about the kind of person he is.

Yeh Pisa came off as a pretty horrid human being. I understand journalism is about as cut-throat and cruel business as there is but there's no need to look so happy about it, cunt.

Real good documentary though.

• Paid Members

Yeh Pisa came off as a pretty horrid human being. I understand journalism is about as cut-throat and cruel business as there is but there's no need to look so happy about it, cunt.

Real good documentary though.

Watched it last night. Pisa gleefully saying they didn't have time to fact check stories sums him up. In a documentary about a murder he manages to be the most unlike able person in it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

Has anyone else seen Tickled yet? It starts off as a silly look into 'competitive tickling' but upon further investigation things start getting a lot darker & it takes a couple of great turns.

At first I thought it was possibly a fake ala Catfish but I think it was too bizarre to be a work. Highly recommended

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

Watched Raiders!: The Story of the Greatest Fan Film Ever Made (It's now up on Netflix) It was quite a famous story a few years ago but basically; Back when the original Raiders of the Lost Ark was released 3 kids decided to do a shot for shot remake which took them 7 years. This was done in the days before VHS copies of the film so they they did it from a mix of memory, a copy of the screenplay and the comic adaptation. The actual story of a bunch of kids going to the lengths they went to is just pure Speilberg in it's own right. Anyway the documentary follows them getting together 30 years later to film the one scene they never managed to do. Its a great story and the stuff they were making as kids was amazing but it suffers from the usual Kickstarter documentaries of being slightly unfocused and trying to cover too many points. 

It's also missing a talking head from Speilberg which they had obviously hoped for based on how its structured and is kind of deflating when there's just a quick glimpse of a photo when they meet him. The effects guy basically blowing himself up at the end just comes out of nowhere as well

Edited by chokeout